Rear wiper plastic cover

cyterio

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Does anyone know if you can purchase just the plastic cover for the rear wiper arm? The local car wash usually places a plastic sleeve over the rear wiper to keep the brushes from snagging on it. Obviously, this time around they neglected to do this and my wiper blade went missing and the black plastic arm cover was cracked. It still functions just fine, but the cracked cover really messes with my ocd. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a quick search...are you talking about part #L20667421 ?

I cant upload any pictures at this time, just do a search for that part# and you should be able to find a parts diagram. Or you could always order it from your nearest dealer. Just be prepared to pay MSRP on it.

That looks like that would be it. It's only listed for up to 2015, mines a 16, but I can't see any difference in the years. Thanks!

Now I know why people are driving around with sleeves on their wiper. I thought it was a ghetto solution to a worn blade lol. I don't use a wash n scratch so never thought about it.

Now I know why people are driving around with sleeves on their wiper. I thought it was a ghetto solution to a worn blade lol. I don't use a wash n scratch so never thought about it.

That's the first issue I've had in years with an automatic car wash, seriously reconsidering ever using one again though.

That's the first issue I've had in years with an automatic car wash, seriously reconsidering ever using one again though.
Chris_Top_Her was saying the paint may get "micro-scratched" by those brushes. I'd only use "brushless" car wash although it's normally not effective.

Part # L20667421 is the rear wiper arm itself. I believe what you need is the plastic end cover which carries different part number.

I received my replacement rear wiper arm today. Just wanted to let everyone know that it is indeed the arm and cover in one piece, it doesn't separate. It doesn't include the small plastic nut cover or the wiper blade itself.

I received my replacement rear wiper arm today. Just wanted to let everyone know that it is indeed the arm and cover in one piece, it doesn't separate. It doesn't include the small plastic nut cover or the wiper blade itself.
I thought you need missing wiper blade and cracked plastic (nut) cover...

Obviously, this time around they neglected to do this and my wiper blade went missing and the black plastic arm cover was cracked.

Sorry if my description was bad. I thought that the wiper arm itself had a plastic cover over it similar to how the nut securing the arm to the motor has a plastic cover over it as well. I just assumed that the wiper arm itself was metal and the plastic snapped over it for cosmetic reasons only. So to sum it up there are three main pieces, the wiper arm, the wiper blade, and the plastic nut cover.

Back