Install front hood protector

dshogman

:
2016 CX5 GT FWD
About to do the install and reading the instructions, see I need a "gasket removal tool." As I don't have one of these and too cheap to spend the $$$ for a one use tool, has anyone come up with another means to remove the push pin plastic fasteners? I'm thinking of two knife edges on either side of the piece. Any other thoughts?
Thanks.

About to do the install and reading the instructions, see I need a "gasket removal tool." As I don't have one of these and too cheap to spend the $$$ for a one use tool, has anyone come up with another means to remove the push pin plastic fasteners? I'm thinking of two knife edges on either side of the piece. Any other thoughts?
Thanks.
I used a wide flat blade screwdriver. Less chance of cutting something than with a knife.

OK, I finally got around to installing this piece. Read online that to use the 3M tape primer, you had to squeeze the tube and then the stuff would come out. So used that and got it installed.
So my question is - what's it supposed to do? I can't see it being of any use "protecting" anything except the very front edge of the hood. As they say, is that all there is?? On the other hand, I do think it looks good. :)

Back