Comparison

It really depends on your needs. If you plan to sit 4-5 people for road trips and such then the CX-3 will fall short as the rear seat is a bit less generous. Also cargo space is smaller than the CX-5. If you are mostly by yourself or maybe with your wife/husband/partner then for less money the CX-3 will be enough and with either engine it will move quicker than the CX-5 does. I'm 6'2" and while I find the rear seat in the CX-3 ok for short errands I would hate to sit there for an hour...

I see you live in Brooklyn and already have a CX-9 so I bet parking space/city maneuverability are not an issue. Based on that I would go for the CX-5.

It really depends on your needs. If you plan to sit 4-5 people for road trips and such then the CX-3 will fall short as the rear seat is a bit less generous. Also cargo space is smaller than the CX-5. If you are mostly by yourself or maybe with your wife/husband/partner then for less money the CX-3 will be enough and with either engine it will move quicker than the CX-5 does. I'm 6'2" and while I find the rear seat in the CX-3 ok for short errands I would hate to sit there for an hour...

I see you live in Brooklyn and already have a CX-9 so I bet parking space/city maneuverability are not an issue. Based on that I would go for the CX-5.
But like the features, are they the same?

CX-3 has that Heads Up display thingie which the 5 doesn't. CX-5 has more HP. Honestly I went in to buy a CX-3, left with a CX-5. Just so much more room. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one.

CX-3 has that Heads Up display thingie which the 5 doesn't. CX-5 has more HP. Honestly I went in to buy a CX-3, left with a CX-5. Just so much more room. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one.
Only for extra room?

But like the features, are they the same?

Only the HUD is something new for the CX3 that the CX5 does not have. To me that is not a deal breaker. Most features are available on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also do you have 2016.5?

Yes, Touring but Japanese specs so no LED fogs or headlights. No sunroof. I do have iStop and electric folding mirrors and back up camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cx3 and cx5 are a different segment. Remember the 3 is a mazda2 platform. I'd get much better handling from a cx3 modded like my cx5. But it's also a smaller car so you have less interior volume. The big draw imo os the availibility of awd on a car that size (cx3)in the us market.

Imo it really comes down to that you want for size more than anything else. You can get a compact sized cx3 with cuv options such as higher seating position and awd. Cx3 looks really good especially once you put mods on it. Engine is smaller but so is the car. Just don't get a 2.0 cx5 unless your getting a turbo on it.

CX-5 or WRX.

I don't know if you are making a joke, but I really considered the WRX. It is a nice car, real transmission, nice interior, 4 wheel drive, etc. It takes premium gas and does not get the best mileage, but my CX-5 doesn't get good mileage either.

Back