Installation of Auto Dimming Rear Mirror:- A Pillar Removal- Mazda cx 5

aman1033

:
Mazda CX-5 Toruning 2013
Hi,

I am installing Auto Dimming Mirror in My mazda cx 5 , I bought Genuine Mazda Accessories 0000-8C-R01 Mirror and Installation Kit from Amazon

I follow the instruction but getting hard time to remove side pillar

10968910563_c3524df39c_c.jpg

Please anyone can put Video Turtorial for that
OR Help me

There is a good write-up with pics on one of the dash cam threads. Can't remember which one though.

It's an "A pillar cover" and the clips that hold it on can be a bit fussy. I've never done it, but I know that's why they include new clips in the kit. In case you break the originals.

It's an "A pillar cover" and the clips that hold it on can be a bit fussy. I've never done it, but I know that's why they include new clips in the kit. In case you break the originals.
These plastic clips for A pillar cover are not supposed to be reusable. I thought the wire is there near rear view mirror and you don't have to lay new wire through A pillar?

The trim is designed to pop off if the airbag deploys so it is held on with a little umbilical chord to stop it hitting you in the face. This picture shows you what it looks like off.

image_zpsnddwtgo5.jpeg

Mazda recommend that it isn't reused so if you follow their instruction to go and buy a new one. Getting it off without cutting it is very fiddly but can be done.

Pull the seal back from the door frame.

Get hold of the trim right at the top and pull it away from the frame towards the inside of the car. It is stiff but it will pop off.

Now hold or prop the trim out away from the frame so you can see up. You will see the little strap stretched out.

Look at the above photo. The part with the blue arrow is clipped into the frame. You need to get the two little clips fee from the frame and it isn't easy. I use a very small electricians screwdriver to push between the clip and the frame. That puts outward pressure on the clip. I then use a right angled pick to go inside the clip and tease those legs inward. If you are patient, the legs will pop out.

Once you fee the strap, the whole trim just lifts back out of the dash.

If you use a new clip or are ready to put the old one back, make sure the strap is hooked into the trim then push it back down into the dash. You can either completely assemble the clip so that it is all one or you can do the reverse of what you did to get it out. Putting it back is easy.

Warning, when you run wires down the window fram, make absolutely sure they are clipped above the airbag like this.

image_zpsuu587mp4.jpeg

The photo is from a CX-3 which is nearly the same. The genuine CX-5 mirror plugs into the wiring plug near the bottom.

See link below for how to remove the A-pillar trim.

As Anchorman noted, Mazda suggest you cut the plastic strap that connects the clip to the inner frame.

However, you can grab this plastic strap with a needle nose pliers and rotate it out of the location hole on the holder inside the trim.

It's tricky but a little patience and you will rotate it out ... but you have to perform the same manoeuvre to get it back in!

http://am.mazdaserviceinfo.com/mazdaesi/index?page=detail_pagelet&id=TSB9&actionPrint=print

I called 2 mazda dealers for installation , and they are asking $50 for 10min job,

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The trim is designed to pop off if the airbag deploys so it is held on with a little umbilical chord to stop it hitting you in the face. ...
Nice instruction! I wonder why Mazda makes the A pillar cover so difficult to remove. My driver side A pillar cover has already wilted under Texas sun and needs to get replaced under a TSB.

I installed the automatic mirror and the instructions that have been posted are good. It is not that hard of a job. I reused the clips, it is doable.

Back