Windows operate without ignition on

:
CX-5
Has anyone changed the windows to operate without ignition on? It looks like I can remove the 30 amp fuse under the hood and plug in a wire to a inline 30 amp fuse to constant power. I thought I would check the net wisdom first.

Thanks

Not sure this's a good idea to let constant-on power to feed all power windows. I wouldn't do it and really hope Mazda can design a power source which will last another 30~60 seconds after engine shut-off so that we can operate power windows. This feature has been available for many years on many cars, even our very old 2001.5 VW Passat has this feature.

Not sure this's a good idea to let constant-on power to feed all power windows. I wouldn't do it and really hope Mazda can design a power source which will last another 30~60 seconds after engine shut-off so that we can operate power windows. This feature has been available for many years on many cars, even our very old 2001.5 VW Passat has this feature.

You want 60 sec, I want 24 hrs.

You can operate the mirrors and windows on my 2016 for about 30 seconds after the ignition is switched off.

You can operate the mirrors and windows on my 2016 for about 30 seconds after the ignition is switched off.
Really?! This is yet another nice feature we've got cut by Mazda for US/NA version CX-5!

Not sure about you guys, but I can only operate the drivers side after the ignition is off. It was really annoying at first, but I just take a minute to close all the windows before shutting off the engine now. This was never a problem on my old truck since they were all manual roll up windows.

What really bugs me is the 25 minute timer for the ACC power. Sometimes when I am on break between jobs or on standby, I would like to listen to the radio without restarting it every 25 minutes. I could just turn the ignition on, but I dont want to drain the battery with all the other stuff on. If they could just extend to an hour it would be perfect.

Really?! This is yet another nice feature we've got cut by Mazda for US/NA version CX-5!

40 seconds apparently. Swap you for drive away locking ;-)

image_zps55x9xhjs.png

Back