Can't unlock doors with keyfob while engine is running?

tamaradactyl

:
CX-5
I'm sifting through the manual trying to figure this out. If I leave the engine on, while I pick up food for example, and I come back to the car, the Unlock button on my fob does not work. Is there any way to program that otherwise?

I left the engine on so my dog and husband would have A/C running. So why doesn't he just open the door? Well, he sits in the backseat with her (she gets carsick) so he wasn't up front with access to the unlock button in the car. I approach the car on the passenger side with the takeout food and..... my fob won't work, nor will the request button on that door work either. I just can't open my own car on the passenger side? Maybe I'm missing something here but I just don't understand the functional purpose for that. I don't leave my dog in the car usually, but if I do have to leave the A/C on, this is pretty inconvenient.

Almost a year after buying the car that I figured this out. Can't do it with my Mazda 2 since the key has to be in the starter switch for the car to run. [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-D400 using Tapatalk

I don't think that is a problem, because it lock all door up when you drive up 20mph. It is really good feature to have in your car. If you watch police chase videos, you will know how important that it is. When someone try to open your door at stop sign or someone been chased by police, all things could happened. I think leave your engine on will disable the remote access because the key-less system is taking over the car so when you shut the engine the locks will automatically unlock for you.

I don't think that is a problem, because it lock all door up when you drive up 20mph. It is really good feature to have in your car. If you watch police chase videos, you will know how important that it is. When someone try to open your door at stop sign or someone been chased by police, all things could happened. I think leave your engine on will disable the remote access because the key-less system is taking over the car so when you shut the engine the locks will automatically unlock for you.

It's even better to set the locks to engage as soon as the car is put in gear. Depending on where you're at (shopping mall lot) you may not get up to 20mph for awhile.
Backing out of the parking spot could allow somebody to come up and open one of your doors.

Mine is set to lock as soon as the shifter moves from Park.

Never could figure out the logic of the 20 mph auto lock.

It's even better to set the locks to engage as soon as the car is put in gear. Depending on where you're at (shopping mall lot) you may not get up to 20mph for awhile.
Backing out of the parking spot could allow somebody to come up and open one of your doors.

Mine is set to lock as soon as the shifter moves from Park.

Never could figure out the logic of the 20 mph auto lock.

I try that next time.

Back