2013 GT Tech Pkg Independant Foglights with LED Switchback/DRL/Fogs

DrtySpd10

:
2010 Speed 3 / 2013 CX-5 GT AWD
Hey guys, I bought a fully loaded 2013 CX-5 GT AWD almost a month ago and I absolutely love it! It's quite the different car compared to my 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 which is fully built with a GT35R turbo, tuned on E85 and meth at 30 psi.

It's nice to have a completely stock car to daily hahaha! Anyway I've been looking frantically how to make the foglights independant on the CX-5 since I've done it on my Speed 3 also and wanted to do the same with this.

It's a very different system on this car, the Speed 3 was a simple wire relocation behind the dash. This was a longer job but it's not hard at all. It does require some rewiring, but it's fully reversable to stock anytime you wish with none of the stock wires needing to be cut at all.

I know some people have been looking to do this mod, I think it looks awesome! Here's a few pics.

fr_2412_zps4fusj8bt.jpg

fr_2409_zps6e6shdrk.jpg

fr_2413_zps7qakz6te.jpg

fr_2405_zpsfjhs49y3.jpg

Looks good! I did it on my 2014 too, I also converted to Philips Xtreme Ultinon 6000K LED bulbs which are just as bright as HID s I used to have on MZ3, these are plug and play and i have 12 year warranty through performance shop in town, pricey but well worth it!

I'd be interested in having my drys on when the other headlights are on too

Back