Window visor experience

:
CX-5, fwd auto
Hi,
I want to ask questions about window visor on cx5.
With Windows partially open, is it louder? Will more or less air come inside?
If aftermarket one that sticks with double tape, will this hold long term?
Thanks

Anyone who has window visors to chime in?
Did I ask questions that I should not have asked?

It's mainly for looks but it is useful to crack open a window when its getting a little stuffy. It's not louder. It directs air away. Keeps rain out. Provides a little bit of shade. The tape should last long term but depending on weather conditions may wear out sooner than later.

Thank you so much for both of you. Signal when you say directs air away, with either partially or entirely open, will I get same or less air flowing to inside? Please let me know. Thanks

Thank you so much for both of you. Signal when you say directs air away, with either partially or entirely open, will I get same or less air flowing to inside? Please let me know. Thanks

From my experience, it directs wind away both partially or entirely open. You will still get air coming in but the wind wont be blowing your hair all over the place.

Hi,
Thanks

It's not louder. Less air kind of. In my experience, double-sided tape will can hold well as long as its applied well.
Compared to the visors I have on my civic, wind noise is a little loud for me. I have OEM visors by the way.

Hi,
Thanks

I find windows visors (known as weather shield in NZ) very useful. I started having them on cars that I bought about 15 years ago and since then I always specified weather shield as accessory on cars that I bought. They let you open a little bit of windows to let in fresh air during foul weather without worrying about water getting into the cabin.

On the CX5, the Mazda OE slimline version integrated very well with the look of the car. It is useful in city driving but for highway/motorway IMHO. I always shut all windows as I dislike the excessive wind noise. There is wind noise at highway speed with or without the weather shield.

Thanks again. Can someone tell me how much of window from the top is covered? Is it like 5cm covered from the top of window?

Back