Full protection rear bumper guard

Lama

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
Hi,

At first, I was interested by this bumper guard but it had too much chrome for my taste. I'm looking for a guard that will protect the edge too. Not like the oem.

29c30fbce3f71f462e34e766f41dbc9a.jpg

I contact one manufacture that can ship the same part without chrome trim but I have to buy 10pcs. Now, I'm not sure if it will look unfinished.

Maybe I should buy the chrome one and plastidip chrome parts.

541e6eefcf6940b37582755d286afdaa.jpg

Last edited:
I have a cx5 GT 2016 but I don't have the round plug in the rear bumper for the backup sensor. Did they came with the technology package?

Did anyone have this protector? I want to be sure that it fit our usa/canada cx-5

Last edited:
I have a cx5 GT 2016 but I don't have the round plug in the rear bumper for the backup sonar. Did they came with the technology package?

Did anyone have this protector? I want to be sure that it fit our usa/canada cx-5
What Plug are you referring to? The large one in the black portion of the bumper is where the tie down hook goes. There are also two small white backup sensors in the picture you posted, not all cars have those but the bumper cover will still fit even if they are not there. I considered getting the one you posted and painting or dipping the chrome bits but in the end I decided to get one of the stainless steel ones that go just slightly over the edge. I plan on painting it black when I paint the roof racks.

Yes I was talking about the two littles round backup sensors.

I already have a little dent in the edge so my protector need to cover it to hide the dent.

Do you think that plastidip will last through winter?

You can find it with keywords : ( plastic mazda cx-5 bumper protector ) on aliExpress.

The all black was sent by the maker on alibaba

08b4d29b625a37eeeb9ed1c74354685c.jpg

I just got it this week and I installed it today. Finally, I didn't paint the two chrome bars. They look good. The center part isn't chrome paint, it's a vinyl decal that can be remove. Under it, it's all black like the rest of the protector.

Sorry for the pics, car is dirty. I will some better shots when I will wash it.

Last edited:
Not bad; best design in terms of coverage I've seen. Two things, to my eye the chrome bars look OK, but are going to be prone to getting "dinged" in the course of loading/unloading. That, and I'd strip off the CX-5 logo poste haste!

Hey that is looking good. I just ordered The typical stainless one that goes on back. I kinda want to get this one now even if it is double the price...

Not bad; best design in terms of coverage I've seen. Two things, to my eye the chrome bars look OK, but are going to be prone to getting "dinged" in the course of loading/unloading. That, and I'd strip off the CX-5 logo poste haste!
I'm agree with you for the chrome bars. I will see what they will look like after few months. For the sticker I'm still not sure to remove it or not. Since it's only vinyl I'm not sure it will last long. Good things, it that it will be easy to remove after. I already heat it up with a heat gun to straighten a character.

Right not I'm really happy with my purchase. +/-80 $ CND shipped. Got it on aliexpress

Last edited:
If you have a 2016 CX-5 don't be fooled into ordering those black rubber bumber guards. They say they fit 2013-2016 CX-5, maybe the early years they do , but certainly not the 2016. Id send it back but it only cost me $15US and I live at the bottom of the world.
I'm after a black rear guard (preferably rubber), or maybe just a clear rugged protective guard tape from 3M or similar. TBH I thought the selection would be better. I searched aliexpress, amazon and ebay with no luck. Have the same issue as other posters with two large Labradors jumping in. I have the 'flap' and that's good, but I spend half the time yelling 'sit' before opening the rear door.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61Jkr91kEAL._SL1013_.jpg

I'm agree with you for the chrome bars. I will see what they will look like after few months. For the sticker I'm still not sure to remove it or not. Since it's only vinyl I'm not sure it will last long. Good things, it that it will be easy to remove after. I already heat it up with a heat gun to straighten a character.

Right not I'm really happy with my purchase. +/-80 $ CND shipped. Got it on aliexpress

Sorry to bother you - but can you please link to the guard you purchased? I have a 2016 GT - the ones I see when I search say 2014-15. And, there are various offers with different prices. Confused...thank you very much.

I actually just ordered 1 of these last week. We got it to cover up a indentation because a member of the family accidently closed the garage door and it hit the rear bumper. Luckily this should cover it up. I havent installed yet so i cant comment on the fit but i got this 1 because it has the least chrome.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/222164041045?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
The center part with the cx-5 logo it's not chrome. It's just a gray reflective vinyl decal sticker. You can remove it very easily if you don't like it. Mine was buy to cover a little dent too. Hide it perfectly!

So looks like the above ebay link is for the same guard as the Aliexpress one, but without the crazy high shipping it works out about $20 cheaper?

Back