Just bought a used 2013 CX 5 GT

HamiltonGuy

:
2013 CX 5 GT
Hi
I purchased it at the dealer.
They are prepping it for pick up.
What should I make sure to do in order to have a positive ownership experience.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they have any service records available on the vehicle? or what they have done to it? How many miles?

Do they have any service records available on the vehicle? or what they have done to it? How many miles?

100,000 km.
Dealership said it came from a woman who leased it from them but lives in another city and had come back to lease another new one.

They put in new wipers, a new battery, tires, front pads and rotors, air filter, drive belt, oil change and transmission service. I should be good for a couple years.

I am tapped out money wise and I don't want to spend any more money for warranty. Is that ok do you think? Given all the work done in it and the CX 5s reputation?

Last edited:
See if you can get them to change the front and rear differential fluids as well.

Did they say how much life is left on the rear brake pads? They can often wear more on the rear.

It's AWD. Thanks for the replies.
They said just the front breaks needed to be done to meet Mazda CPO standards.
I will call them and ask if they would do the front and rear differentials. If they don't throw it in I think it would be wise to pay to have that done.
Thanks
Anything else?

They put in new wipers, a new battery, tires, front pads and rotors, air filter, drive belt, oil change and transmission service. I should be good for a couple years.

Wow, I would seriously get all that work documented in writing. That's a lot of new stuff added for a lease return. Only thing left to do is change the air and cabin filters which you can do yourself easily.

Actually he told me they replaced the air filter. I must have left that out.

Considering its a CPO you're covered mechanical wise. Can't think of anything else. The CX-5 is an easy and cheap car to maintain. At 50k miles I've had to do less than what that dealership replaced except buy new tires.

Back