My 1st road trip

:
Mazda CX-5 AWD Grand Touring
Bought it brand new in April and the weekend after I took it Joshua Tree and Palm Springs. Felt great. There will be more adventures. At least that's the plan.

Not to hijack your thread, but I figured I'd just plop my experience here instead of starting a new thread for the same topic. I bought my CX-5 about 9 days ago, took it on a road trip this past Saturday (from Memphis, TN to Hot Springs, AR). Gotta say, it performed like a champ! If the app is to be believed, we averaged roughly 34 MPG highway (it was probably 90% highway driving). My passengers remarked on how smooth and quiet the ride was, and that the seats were comfortable. We streamed Google Music via Bluetooth, and did not have a single hiccup with that. The roads to Hot Springs, once you leave I-40, are nice and twisty, and I may have alarmed my passengers by hugging the curves, but I wanted to see how the CX-5 handled it (very well). Had a lot of fun driving it, and it's nice to now have a vehicle that can actually do a road trip without making everyone cranky -- my previous car, a Genesis Coupe, was not popular in that respect.

We used the navigation a lot, and had no problems with it that I can remember.

I did discover a weird noise that occurs on less-than-smooth roads, right by my left ear. Not a rattle -- kinda sounds like crumpling paper. I think it's the seatbelt vibrating/rubbing against the inside of the car. Would not be that bad if it wasn't a few inches from my ear, and at the exact same height as my ear.

Didn't think about getting photos of it with the mountains in the background, maybe next time :)

Last edited:
Back