CX5 2013 Side Steps

Kabobe63

:
Mazda CX5
Ok here it is. Took me 3 years to find someone to put them on, but finally got it done. Bought these manufacture side steps from China, and for some reason, a lot of mechanics that I went too, Bodyshops, even Mazda Dealership, would not or could not figure it out how to install. Got a referral from a friend who builds and customizes cars to go to this one shop and Boom!!!, On hour install, no hassles or worries. They laughed at all the trouble I was having with all the others.

Attachments

• IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 297
Ok here it is. Took me 3 years to find someone to put them on, but finally got it done. Bought these manufacture side steps from China, and for some reason, a lot of mechanics that I went too, Bodyshops, even Mazda Dealership, would not or could not figure it out how to install. Got a referral from a friend who builds and customizes cars to go to this one shop and Boom!!!, On hour install, no hassles or worries. They laughed at all the trouble I was having with all the others.

Ok. So how were they installed? Gotta drill them thru' the body?

Can you post pics from the side of the vehicle to see the total look? And also some from bottom of rocker (looking under the rocker) to see how they were mounted to your vehicle?

The concept is like other SUVs with running boards, but from your pics it's really hard to tell what the total fitment looks like from those angles.

Looks good. I have the Romik running boards that I got from 4 wheel online. Not a fan of side steps but I need a set so that my little boy can easily get in and out of the car without assisting him. These runningboards also help a bit in protecting the side from rocks and other road debris thrown up by the front tires.

Last edited:
Back