2016 GT with leather upholstery trouble.....

moontom

:
Mazda CX 5
Today I was cleaning the leather seats on my 2016 grand touring CX5 and noticed that on the left front part of the driver's seat, there's a portion where the stitching has unraveled and the thing looks like it's ready to fall apart.

my questions:
has anyone else encountered this?
what would a dealer do to fix? I hope they will cover the repair.....

thanks in advance for any insights....

TM

My front passenger seat did that, and the seat cover (leather) was replaced under warranty.

I have what appears to be a small stitching irregularity where the bolster meets the cushion of my driver's seat. It is more something to watch as I could see where it may come unraveled in the future.

On the back of my passengers seat, top right side where the pocket meets the back of the seat, it looks like a small tear in the leather. I don't keep anything in the pockets and never pull them open. I only noticed when taking something out of the back seat. Again, not something I am worried about at the present time, but may mention to my dealer when taking in for a first oil change next month.

I have what appears to be a small stitching irregularity where the bolster meets the cushion of my driver's seat. It is more something to watch as I could see where it may come unraveled in the future.

On the back of my passengers seat, top right side where the pocket meets the back of the seat, it looks like a small tear in the leather. I don't keep anything in the pockets and never pull them open. I only noticed when taking something out of the back seat. Again, not something I am worried about at the present time, but may mention to my dealer when taking in for a first oil change next month.

In some instances, if you happen to use the spring loaded rear seat fold down levers from the trunk, while the rear seat head rests are up, and the front seat slid all the way back, the 2nd row head rest comes in contact with the front seat pocket, and can rip the stitching...

I have yet to put the rear seats down...unless the dealer did so before I took delivery. Do you need to put the seats down to install the cargo cover?

Back