Broadfeet rear bumper guard

:
Mazda cx-5 2016 touring
What do you guys think?

I think this one looks pretty sharp, anybody know of any sharper looking rear bumper guards?

http://www.carid.com/2016-mazda-cx-...ainless-steel-rear-bumper-guard-85132302.html

RDMZ-418-55.jpg

Last edited:
Why did I know this was a NYC post before I even looked in the upper LH corner?!

Wow, that's hideous. Actually, all that chrome add-on "stuff" looks awful, but I guess it's good for a chuckle if I see it drive by...

Wow, that's hideous. Actually, all that chrome add-on "stuff" looks awful, but I guess it's good for a chuckle if I see it drive by...

Wow, didn't expect "hideous," I guess I'm just used to seeing them here. Maybe they are ugly in general but I still think it looks better than this one for example:

IMG_6634-copy.jpg

No?

All of those things look like total afterthoughts (which they are!). It's a shame (but understandable) people feel they need that kind of thing living in the city.

Very NYC. I like those. Those are the sleekest out there. There are many 'uglies' out there. You can buy and have them installed on Queens Blvd. in Woodside.

"VANGUARDS"
http://www.auto-beauty.com/new-auto/

I would paint the holding brackets flat black.
I'm pretty sure this my friends car a picture was taken of.
He parks everyday on the streets...tap..bang..tap..bang..tap..bang..etc. No garage, no driveway.

P1110387_watered_01.jpg

Last edited:
What about the front of the vehicle? What goes on there?

That's a different story. I don't see anything nice on the fronts. Most front bumper protectors are hideous.
This is the most common one seen...

tundra08sm.jpg

I started with this...
mRRpXAXVLBA3f3IoII82y_w.jpg

null_zps4cfc2c1e.jpg

but it wasn't thick enough for my peace sake, so I added this to it...

license-plate-bumper-protector-101.jpg

AliExpress sells this...

For-13-15-MAZDA-CX-5-FRONT-BUMPER-GUARD.jpg

only in NYC, only in NYC...(dunno)

Yeah, I don't like the front-mounted ones either. For the 4bumper license plate, it seems that the front license plate 2-screw mount would be too flimsy to support anything, no?

For the rear, did you consider installing a hitch and then a step bumper guard? My hesitation on that is 1. It won't cover the whole back and 2. It will probably be too low, being under the bumper.

Get the one shown in the first picture then add foam pipe insulation to the chrome bars. That would really look good!

Add a layer of bubble wrap, to help protect the foam.

I ended up getting the double bars from this link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I got them installed in Queens. They look pretty good, the curve matches the curve of the rear bumper. I didn't like the front guard so I didn't pick that one up, it comes up too high on the grill for my taste.

All you people outside of NYC, must not know the parking situation, us NYCers, deal with... The rear and front guards, aren't necessarily an aesthetics issues anymore. It's pretty much a necessity in NYC street parking (heck, sometimes even in NYC parking lots!). I have bars installed front and back. Looks fine in my opinion, considering it's a necessity. I would take these over those flappy rubber bumper guards that everyone tends to drive around (not just parking) with covering the rear bumper. Yea, and I suppose those aren't hideous?!

I just got a slight indentation on our rear bumper 'cover'......495.Cdn to the body shop that says it must be removed, heated and painted black. Thought they would come black.

Back