Non-CX5 questions, Questions about travel to other state in USA

hek8560

:
Mazda,CX-5,2015,TOURING
I am planning on a trip to New mexico from Los Angles, my car has registered in California DMV and currently have California licences plate on the car. I will be spent a month in New Mexico, so do I need to register another license plate under NM DMV? I have never travel out from California, I don't know what should I do. Will NM police just pull me over and issue me a ticket for not having NM license plate?

You should be fine with your California plate and driver license in New Mexico for a month. Nothing needs to be changed and nothing needs to be worried about. In case you unluckily get pulled over, just present your CA's driver license to the officer. The police can't give you a ticket for out-of-state registration and driver license as long as they're valid.

You should be fine with your California plate and driver license in New Mexico for a month. Nothing needs to be changed and nothing needs to be worried about. In case you unluckily get pulled over, just present your CA's driver license to the officer. The police can't give you a ticket for out-of-state registration and driver license as long as they're valid.

Sorry, English is my second language. Is your"fine" means I should be good or they should fine me like $100 dollars? Thanks, I think your mean I am good to go.

It means you're good to go. They can't do anything for it being just a month. Enjoy your time in NM...

You are good to go.

I-40 from LA to NM is very desolate road.
Gas stations can be 70 miles apart, and nothing in between.
Fill your gas tank every chance you get.

I've been in the US with Canadian plates for weeks with no problems. Have a great trip!

I am planning on a trip to New mexico from Los Angles, my car has registered in California DMV and currently have California licences plate on the car. I will be spent a month in New Mexico, so do I need to register another license plate under NM DMV? I have never travel out from California, I don't know what should I do. Will NM police just pull me over and issue me a ticket for not having NM license plate?

No, you will be just fine. Right or wrong, I've lived in a state for almost half a decade without changing plates/DL's. When you're a broke college student waiting tables, you tend to pick and choose your expenses, right or wrong. I chose to eat and buy text books rather than pay much higher insurance rates in the state I was in.

Back