Smartphone apps

Crunchy409

:
Mazda CX5 Grand Touring
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a good app to use to keep track of car maintenance and fuel economy. Any suggestions? Would love a companion web app and the ability to not lose data if changing phones.

thanks
~Matt

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a good app to use to keep track of car maintenance and fuel economy. Any suggestions? Would love a companion web app and the ability to not lose data if changing phones.

thanks
~Matt

Some people just take a quick photo of the fuel pump and dash display. When I change my oil I take a photo of the odometer and the empty oil bottles. I know this isn't what you were asking for but it would help if you let us know if you need an Apple, Android or Windows phone app.

Try fuelly.com for tracking fuel economy. It's web based so it meets your need not to lose data. You can also set up maintenance reminders and make notes for important service events if you want.

You'll see several of us here use it from the link in our signature line.

Try fuelly.com for tracking fuel economy. It's web based so it meets your need not to lose data. You can also set up maintenance reminders and make notes for important service events if you want.

You'll see several of us here use it from the link in our signature line.

I have used fuelly before and liked it. I hadn't used it in a while and didn't realize that I could set up service reminders as well. Is there another app that would allow me to log services, or should I just suck it up and write it down on a piece of paper :)

I have used fuelly before and liked it. I hadn't used it in a while and didn't realize that I could set up service reminders as well. Is there another app that would allow me to log services, or should I just suck it up and write it down on a piece of paper :)

So far I just use a fuelly note to log any service I do myself. I also use mymazda.com and update the service record section for anything I do (but it's only Web based, there's no app for it afaik). Writing it down is good until I try to find it later. (uhm)

I use Excel Spreadsheets for maintenance, but I prefer the Fillup app for logging fuel economy. I tried Fuelly, but the Fillup app has a nicer interface (to me) and good info. The data can be exported for backup.

Back