New Member!

Timothy1_17

:
2018 Mazda6 GTR
Hello all! New to the forum and to owning a Mazda.

I bought my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Package around Thanksgiving in 2015. I've been lurking on here from time to time, and figured it's time I joined. Read a lot of good posts with helpful info, and it seems to be a pretty active crowd.

Attached is a quick pic of my new ride. It needs a bath and is still sporting the winter tires/wheels. Love the car so far! A ton of fun to drive and the auto transmission is great! My CX5.jpg

Congratulations on the new ride! It was funny for a moment when I saw it was a brand new 16' GT+ and it had steely wheelies.

Then I remembered that I live in Florida and I am not familiar with "winter tires" which makes perfect sense to have a set with basic rims for the winter.

Maybe we should start doing summer tires or something down here....... you know....for all the rain.

Thanks guys!

Yep, up here we need the winter tires. Plus, I don't want all that salt and brine on the nice wheels.

I've heard there's lots of rain down there, but I've never been to Florida.

Well we have about the same amount of water that you guys have in snow except either in the form of rain or whats called "humidity" LOL. Its not so bad though and yeh the cars last longer down here.

That sucks, I hate humidity.

I bet. I hate all the salt, so I try to wash my car once a week during the winters up here.

My 89 B2200 mazda truck I bought brand new did 2 winters in minnesota, then to seattle, then to Alaska. just sold it to a friend two years ago.. But the rust is bad from the salt the 1st two years in MN!!! Still runs great!!! 170K mi

Nice! Good to hear it lasted through some tough environments. That's the thing, the engine's usually run well & last, it's the poor bodies that suffer.

Back