Thinking about trade in cx5 for new cx-9?

hek8560

:
Mazda,CX-5,2015,TOURING
The new cx-9 really standing out my shopping list for next year or maybe this year, and the price is very fair compare to Honda or Toyota.

Mazda has priced the all-new 2016 Mazda CX-9 from US$31,520 in the American market. Set to go on sale in late-Spring, the second generation Mazda CX-9 will be available stateside in four trim levels: Sport, Touring, Grand Touring and Signature.

The 2016 Mazda CX-9 Sports standard equipment includes LED headlights, LED taillights, 18-inch wheels, electronic parking brake, Mazda Connect infotainment system with Commander rotary control and a 7-inch color display, reversing camera and trailer stability assist. Theres an optional Sport Package which adds heated front seats with power adjustment for the drivers seats and heated door mirrors.

The 2016 Mazda CX-9 Touring trim level adds Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, HomeLink garage door openers, Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System, power liftgate, auto-dimming rearview mirror, black- or sand-colored leather seats, power adjustment for front seats and an 8-inch touchscreen display for the Mazda Connect infotainment system.

Customers willing for more features in this trim level can opt for the Touring Premium Package which adds automatic on/off headlights, LED foglights, sunroof rain-sensing wipers, second-row retractable sunshades, reversing camera, satellite navigation, 12-speaker BOSE audio system, SiriusXM satellite radio and automatic Smart City Brake Support.

The 2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring benefits from 20-inch wheels, roof rails, adaptive headlights, high-beam control, radar cruise control with autonomous braking, head-up display, aluminum interior trim, memory settings on the drivers seat, lane-departure warning and lane-keep assist.

The 2016 Mazda CX-9 Signatures highlights include LED signature accent grille lighting, usage of Auburn-colored Nappa leather and rosewood supplied by Japanese guitar-maker Fujigen for the interior and LED accent lighting around the automatic gearshift lever.

I really think cx-5 rear cargo can be a little higher and longer. I feel like Mazda really waste lots space for a such large engine bay area, maybe they do that for performance or something but I think CX-5 will much better looking if they can cut few inches from front and add to rear.

It has available third row seating right? Guess that is full sized.

They make the engine bay larger to make room for the exhaust manifold. Without this type of manifold our skyactive engines would be knocking. Or they would have to lower the compression ratio, which would mean lower performance and gas milage.

Attachments

• SKYACTIV_G_2011_10__jpg300.jpg
    SKYACTIV_G_2011_10__jpg300.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 195
I really think cx-5 rear cargo can be a little higher and longer. I feel like Mazda really waste lots space for a such large engine bay area, maybe they do that for performance or something but I think CX-5 will much better looking if they can cut few inches from front and add to rear.

Stealing a few inches from the front and adding it to the rear would bring the front occupants closer to the front wheels and reduce safety in a frontal collision. Unless you are talking about lengthening the wheelbase or extending the rear over-hang which has other negative design tradeoffs.

I find the rear cargo area to be quite versatile even with the rear seats in use. With them folded flat the cargo area is huge. I fit my Honda 5 HP. pressure washer, 120' of pressure hose back there without removing the cargo cover and had room to spare for buckets and a large cooler. Rear seating was still available for use.

So if the base Sport model starts at $31k then the top Grand Touring Signature model line would be around $40k or higher?

So if the base Sport model starts at $31k then the top Grand Touring Signature model line would be around $40k or higher?

Car and Driver had a recent article on the new CX-9 that listed the prices, but I can't find it. Signature trim was around $45k.

Nope and nope. Mazda is a money-saver move, in my book. Like Honda used to be. Reliable and cheap. $40K of nope! Just my .02

The GT version will have the Heads-Up Display.

250 HP & 310 LB-FT of torque out of the 2.5L version we have but turbocharged. (premium fuel) That will be a powerhouse of a setup. Especially when Mazda drops that into the Mazda3 Speed that's coming out. This shows that the 2.5L we have in the CX5 is bullet proof since it uses the same crank, pistons, and rods that the turbocharged version will be using.

One thing I didn't like is that the 8" screen is NOT really 8" since there is a 1" black unused border on each side. The screen is really around 6" of true screen area.

Very interested of getting a new CX-9 if I can overcome the fear of a brand new turbo engine... After all, new CX-9 has all the missing features from CX-5 which I've been critical of.

What worries me in full size SUV's is storage space. With the 3rd row up, it's usually fairly small. With the seats down, well it's not the same as having a large dedicated storage area. I know on my friends new Explorer, the 3rd row has received some kinks within the first year of ownership from transporting stuff on them. The dealer refuses to do anything about it saying it's not meant to be able to be used as storage for larger items. He had 2 kegs back there.

What worries me in full size SUV's is storage space. With the 3rd row up, it's usually fairly small. With the seats down, well it's not the same as having a large dedicated storage area. I know on my friends new Explorer, the 3rd row has received some kinks within the first year of ownership from transporting stuff on them. The dealer refuses to do anything about it saying it's not meant to be able to be used as storage for larger items. He had 2 kegs back there.
Yeah the space behind the third-row seat will be small. We checked the old version CX-9, in fact we almost bought one in 2009, and I believe the space is tolarable with minimum luggage for long road trip behind the third-row seat. And I didn't see any problems transporting large items with the third-row seat down and the flat surface seemed very sturdy. Go check for yourself when this 2016 CX-9 becomes available.

CX-9 is considered mid-size crossover.
Full size SUV is reserved for the likes of the Ford Expedition, Toyota Sequoia & Chevy Suburban etc.

While I think the CX-9 is very well made, it is far too big for what we need. Buying one to drive solo does not make sense to me. For families which need to haul more people around, it could be ideal.

i plan to get one 'cause my wife's current CX-9 is getting long in the tooth....but probably will lease because of 1) the new turbo-4 and making sure it has no longer term issues and 2) still no android auto/apple carplay which they should have put in this car by now.

I think if you plan on having kids, and don't want a minivan, the CX-9 will be a cool-fun-to-drive-soccer mom car/dad vehicle that is not a mini van. And it comes with a turbo!

I think if you plan on having kids, and don't want a minivan, the CX-9 will be a cool-fun-to-drive-soccer mom car/dad vehicle that is not a mini van. And it comes with a turbo!
I've always felt minivan is more practical than SUV for a family with kids. I wouldn't mind to drive a minivan but for soccer mom's they definitely feel image is very important too.

Actually turbo engine is something certain people, including me, don't like due to the concern of its longevity. Many turbo engines were having bad history of reliability issues although the new turbo system should have been improved. Basically I still believe there's no replacement for displacement and I was hoping Mazda could come out a SkyActiv-G naturally-aspirated high-compression 3.0L V6 for CX-9.

Back