Cleaning interior...

:
Mazda CX 5 GT
Hey guys! Just got my new CX-5 two weeks ago and have become a Mazda owner after being with Nissan for the past 9 years!

Anyhow, my apologies if this post has been addressed before but just curious as to what equipment/tools/items you guys use to clean the interior of your CX-5's? In the past, I've just used a micro-fibre cloth with water in a spray bottle and that seemed to do the trick.

Hey guys! Just got my new CX-5 two weeks ago and have become a Mazda owner after being with Nissan for the past 9 years!

Anyhow, my apologies if this post has been addressed before but just curious as to what equipment/tools/items you guys use to clean the interior of your CX-5's? In the past, I've just used a micro-fibre cloth with water in a spray bottle and that seemed to do the trick.
I'd keep doing that, then.

70/30 300-400 GSM microfiber with some water and lil bit of detergent.

Mother's VLR (Vinyl, Leather, Rubber) on the soft touch materials, Mother's Protectant on the hard plastics. One microfiber for applying, another for buffing off excess. Both products smell very pleasant and seem to be doing a good job of keeping the materials looking new. Neither have that horrible bright shine and corresponding slickness that some products give.

Mother's VLR (Vinyl, Leather, Rubber) on the soft touch materials, Mother's Protectant on the hard plastics. One microfiber for applying, another for buffing off excess. Both products smell very pleasant and seem to be doing a good job of keeping the materials looking new. Neither have that horrible bright shine and corresponding slickness that some products give.

*Cough* ARMOR ALL *Cough*

303 aerospace protectant is a great product for pretty much everything that isn't painted metal of the exterior. It leaves a nice low sheen and has great UV protection. That's what I would recommend for protecting the interior. As for cleaning, you could get Optimum Leather protectant Plus which is very much like 303 with a bit of cleaning agent added in. For heavier soiled areas, Meguiars D101 All Purpose Cleaner (APC) is a must have. It can be diluted to different ratios to suit your needs of what needs to be cleaned. Since the leather in the CX-5 is in fact a bonded leather, coated with a vinyl like product, leather conditioners are a waste of time and money, The product isn't actually getting to the leather. This is a good thing cause it's much easier to keep clean and maintain. For light quick wipe downs an interior detailer is a good buy, Meguiars makes a nice quick interior detailer. Just stay away from AmourAll!

303 or Vinylex for the vinyl parts, microfibre cloth and simple green for dirt and upholstery.

303 Aerospace protectant. I found my bottle at Cabela's in the boats section because well its used for boats leather interiors.

That said, I wonder if extra virgin coconut oil would work.

Last edited:
+303 but a pail with clean warm water and a clean small/medium towel is what I usually use.

Back