Debadged the back of my CX-5

When they ask what you are driving, just point to the flying seagull

Snapchat_804574054425005095.jpg

Spray goo be gone, wait abt 10mins, heat a bit with heat gun (or hair dryer$ and use dental floss again the paint to remove the badge. Reapply goo be gone and use microfiber cloth to remove excess goo. Takes abt 30 mins total

this is what it looks like plasti diped M i think im paint mine soon with real paint . and i need tail lights tinted .
12899672_10209033113849015_1564266756_n.jpg

How did you remove them ? Is it only glue ?
I want to take them off like yours.

Apply googone. Wait a few minutes. Use fishing line to take the emblems off. Heat the remaining glue with a heat gun while you roll the glue off with a microfiber towel. After all the glue is gone there will be ghosting so you will need to use a compound and then a polish

After removing the emblems, is there any ghosting of the letters or is the paint faded?

There is ghosting so you'll have to get Meguiars compound and Meguiars polish as well. You'll use the compound first. Then, you'll wipe all the residue of the compound off. Next, apply the polish and wipe off all of the remaining residue. Clean with water. NOTE!!!!! You MUST use a microfiber towel or else you will scratch the car!

There is ghosting so you'll have to get Meguiars compound and Meguiars polish as well. You'll use the compound first. Then, you'll wipe all the residue of the compound off. Next, apply the polish and wipe off all of the remaining residue. Clean with water. NOTE!!!!! You MUST use a microfiber towel or else you will scratch the car!

i mostly agree . my car is brand new so i only had slight ghosting on the skyactiv badge but you can barely see it if you search for it . and i would use a hair dryer not heat gun . i will polish mine soon . it should take care of it .

i mostly agree . my car is brand new so i only had slight ghosting on the skyactiv badge but you can barely see it if you search for it . and i would use a hair dryer not heat gun . i will polish mine soon . it should take care of it .

A hair dryer will work just the same. If you use a heat gun make sure it's on the lowest temp setting. Is yours black as well? I took the emblems off of my friends brand new 3 and didn't have to polish at all. You couldn't see any ghosting. It's the blue/green color.

A hair dryer will work just the same. If you use a heat gun make sure it's on the lowest temp setting. Is yours black as well? I took the emblems off of my friends brand new 3 and didn't have to polish at all. You couldn't see any ghosting. It's the blue/green color.

yes mine is black . :)

Back