2015 CX5 to 2016 CX5 Upgrade?

mklaro

:
2015 CX5 GT
I am currently leasing a loaded 2015 CX-5 GT, it's a great car. In full disclosure my wife mostly drives it, so I don't have as much time in it as she does, although she enjoys it as well.

I am at a crossroads right now as the miles are well below on my lease where they should be and the car's pay off is less than the value, so it put's me in a good position to get in another vehicle; the lease is not up until November.

I haven't seen any information on a 2017 model nor do I know when it would be released. So is it worth making a move to a 2016 or should I hold out until Nov. to see if a 2017 would even be an option? I have been looking at other vehicles as well, however it makes the swap more difficult, and frankly it's hard to match this vehicle for the money. I am in a good position to get into the newer model I just don't want to make a move and then find out big changes are coming for '17.

Thanks for the insight!

It's definitely a little hard to make a decision in your situation. But if I were you, I'd wait until November and see if there is any more info for 2017 CX-5 assuming you, no, your wife still wants a CX-5. Who knows, there may be other vehicles available at that time suiting your wife's taste, such as Lexus NX or RX.

I am at a crossroads right now as the miles are well below on my lease where they should be and the car's pay off is less than the value, so it put's me in a good position to get in another vehicle; the lease is not up until November.

This is a no-brainer.

You both like the car and the cash-out price is below market price. Just buy it and be done with it.

This is a no-brainer.

You both like the car and the cash-out price is below market price. Just buy it and be done with it.

True but at the same time it commits be to another lease term so it doesn't come without some "price"

True but at the same time it commits be to another lease term so it doesn't come without some "price"

I thought you were saying the cash out price is lower than market value. If so that's not a lease, that's a purchase.

If you mean it commits you to a loan, then you probably shouldn't be looking to upgrade to a brand new vehicle (regardless of whether it's another lease or a loan to purchase).

Back