PCM recall issues

towtruck

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
My 2013 CX-5 was part of the PCM update recall. After the dealer updated the PCM with the new software, my car misfired (Code: P0300) the same day for the first time ever. I took it back to the dealer the next day & they couldn't find the issue. After about a week the car misfired again so now I'm waiting to take it back in.

Anyone else have the same problem?

This is why I'm waiting till the last minute (Oct. registration deadline) to have mine done!

That sucks, and is why I refuse to do PCM recalls on a vehicle that is functioning. Chrysler did this once...Google "N23 recall problems" if you want to know more, LOL!

Could be unrelated. I had the PCM update done a few weeks ago and have not encountered any issues.

Could be unrelated; 2.0 engines have had been shipped with that PCM version for about a year now and no unusual reports.

If that PCM version has been out for a year with no issues, its not the software running on those PCMs Wonder if your PCM part number is different then the new PCMs, but I would lean towards what xtrail was implying, maintenance error at the shop. maybe they bumped, moved or didnt connect something correctly. Or unrelated which makes the PCM update just a distraction.

It took Chrysler owners a half year or more to notice problems. Took me a full year. I have trust issues, now.

My 2013 CX-5 was part of the PCM update recall. After the dealer updated the PCM with the new software, my car misfired (Code: P0300) the same day for the first time ever. I took it back to the dealer the next day & they couldn't find the issue. After about a week the car misfired again so now I'm waiting to take it back in.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Are you referring to the recall regarding sub 35 degree temps or something like that?

I've now taken the car back to the dealer twice & they didn't find anything wrong with the wiring or the PCM.

Maybe they want you to upgrade to 2016 model. Dealership is pretty useless, they don't really know much about our car. They have database which teaches them what to do, if that doesn't work. They will ask for a new part and replace the whole thing.

Maybe they want you to upgrade to 2016 model. Dealership is pretty useless, they don't really know much about our car. They have database which teaches them what to do, if that doesn't work. They will ask for a new part and replace the whole thing.

You guys use the same dealership? I would switch if I were you! A dealership's service department is only as good as their head tech.

I have about 64K miles on my CX-5. My choices for dealerships are limited since my closest one got shutdown a year ago. Unsurprisingly the dealer seems clueless about the issue. & btw I had misfire again this morning grrr...

I have about 64K miles on my CX-5. My choices for dealerships are limited since my closest one got shutdown a year ago. Unsurprisingly the dealer seems clueless about the issue. & btw I had misfire again this morning grrr...
You're right, Hanlee didn't make it. But you've got three other dealers each within 15 miles of Oakland. A lot of folks here would be envious of that situation!

But you've got three other dealers each within 15 miles of Oakland. A lot of folks here would be envious of that situation!

True. As long as all three had different ownership (which sadly is less and less likely).

I used to go to Towne, they were crappy so I tried Fremont & this happened. May be I'll try the SF one but my expectations right now are pretty low

Back