Seats fraying

njcarguy

:
14 CX-5
I have an 04 CX5 with about 25k miles on it. I take care of my car. The interior looks almost brand new (I vacuum and wipe down interior to preserve the look of it). My question is I've noticed all of the seats starting to fray. The driver and passenger front and rear seats are all fraying. I could under stand if I had a lot of passengers in my car but it's mostly myself and my daughter. There's NO way the fabric should be falling apart. Has anyone else experienced this? Did the dealer give you problems replacing the subpar fabric?

I have an 04 CX5 with about 25k miles on it. I take care of my car. The interior looks almost brand new (I vacuum and wipe down interior to preserve the look of it). My question is I've noticed all of the seats starting to fray. The driver and passenger front and rear seats are all fraying. I could under stand if I had a lot of passengers in my car but it's mostly myself and my daughter. There's NO way the fabric should be falling apart. Has anyone else experienced this? Did the dealer give you problems replacing the subpar fabric?

Do you have any pictures?

What type of seats do you have? the Sport. the Touring or the Grand Touring seats?

This thread is worthless without pictures!

I guess you meant 14 CX-5 (not 04).
Do you park in the sun? Which trim is it (you might want to update your profile so it will be more obvious)?
Mine looks like new, though I park in a garage.

Been driving mine everyday for the last 3 years, interior is holding up pretty damn good. At 48k miles now. Only thing to wear out was where my heel goes on the OEM floor mats.

My 2013 with just over 60,000 miles has fraying on the driver's seat on the bottom left side of the back (upright) portion of the seat. I figure I'll get seat covers eventually. I don't think this should be happening, but it's the only interior issue I have so it doesn't bother me that much.

My last car (2002 Honda CR-V with cloth seats) lasted 230,000 miles in 12.5 years, and had no fraying anywhere. I would hope Mazda could be at least half that good. Is your CX-5 still under warrantee?

Last edited:
Back