Roof Rack & Cargo Box ... that doesn't block the sunroof?

urban_

:
'16 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD + Tech Package Owner
Hey guys - I have a '16 CX5. Looking to add a cargo box, but I'm wondering to see if there's any solution out there that doesn't block the sunroof. We'll be doing a lot of camping and roadtripping, so space is important, but so is having the roof open on a hot sunny day =D

Am I dreaming? Is there anything out there that could work?

(Pulling a trailer is not an option, trying to keep it just to the roof).

Thanks all.

Are you asking if there are cargo boxes that won't block the light as in being over the sunroof? Or if you can open the sunroof either slide or tilt with a cargo box?

I use a Yakima Load Warrior from time-to-time but I sense you are looking for something that doesn't cover the moonroof at all or an enclosed cargo carrier... I haven't use the latter . I still find my moonroof useable with unit I have.

CX-5%20Loaded.JPG

http://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-yakima-loadwarrior-roof-basket-2015-mazda-cx5-y07070.aspx

Hey guys - I have a '16 CX5. Looking to add a cargo box, but I'm wondering to see if there's any solution out there that doesn't block the sunroof. We'll be doing a lot of camping and roadtripping, so space is important, but so is having the roof open on a hot sunny day =D

Am I dreaming? Is there anything out there that could work?

You are in lala land if you want open sky and a cargo box on a CX5. You'd have to have a cargo box less than 30" or so. A rooftop bag may work but are less secure and harder to load.

You will be able to both open and vent the sunroof with a box installed. You'll just have the wind noise and be looking at the base of the box.

Back