Whats the real value for 360/perimeter view?

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
These days quite a few cars come with it. I am yet to find a use for it. Those 2 cameras underneath the turn mirrors help in what exactly? I have full coverage anyways thru the actual mirrors when parking, etc.

The 1 and ONLY use I found could be the 2 absolute front corners when parallel parking or come out of it. But then, there's front sensors which are relatively cheaper and does the same thing, in fact: better. Still scratching my head ........

Great for parallel parking so you don't curb check your rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdoors, when there may be rocks, tree stubs or other obstacles which are low and you want to avoid hitting them and scratching your car.
With a view like that there are no surprises and you can even navigate close to them without worry.

I can see the full perimeter view being useful when parallel parking and when pulling in/out of a very tight space so you don't scrape the side or front corner of your car. In general, though, I don't think they provide a ton of added benefit over a rear-view camera and mirrors.

I can see the full perimeter view being useful when parallel parking and when pulling in/out of a very tight space so you don't scrape the side or front corner of your car. In general, though, I don't think they provide a ton of added benefit over a rear-view camera and mirrors.

Agreed. On the other hand, a camera system that could eliminate the aerodynamic drag associated with side view mirrors would be of great benefit!

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the CX-5 forum freeAgent!

Agreed. On the other hand, a camera system that could eliminate the aerodynamic drag associated with side view mirrors would be of great benefit!

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the CX-5 forum freeAgent!

True. One day this will be standard, also when regulators will stop requiring a physical mirror.

I already have a passenger side camera and I'm about to install one at the front. I'm worried about my rims. In the past, I always scratched them.

Back