Phone based remote start systems

Tkirwan

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
Ok, so I'm interested in a phone based remote start system. I know there is the Mazda one, viper has one and compustar has one. There is also that system that works with the factory fob. What I'm looking for are pluses and minuses of the systems, so I can make an educated purchase.

Mobile/phone-based vs traditional RF signal:
- one less key fob to carry around, but if your phone runs out of juice from watching movie or playing games ...
- because the car needs to talk to the cell tower (like your phone), you'll have to pay an annual fee just like your phone, just cheaper. I believe Mazda is $65/year.
- range is almost unlimited as long as both the car and your phone has cell signal. You could totally have fun starting the car or honking from the other side of the Earth :)
- IIRC, the Mazda system has an additional GPS antenna that you can track your car location with the phone

Another related thread going on:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123853534-Warming-car-up-without-key-in

Last edited:
Yes, I know the pluses of an app system, I'm looking more at reviews/comparisons of the different app systems. As for that link, I started that, lol.

I have one that works with cellphone coverage and no annual fees but inbelieve its only for QC region for now in Canada
My-start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one on my 2016 CX5. It works good. It takes about 30 seconds to connect to the car when you push the start button but other then that, no issues

i went to audio truck outfitter to get some stuff remote start was one of em . i was told it disables some stuff on our car . anyone got any idea what it will disable .

Back