+/- effects of recall 8915k PCM reflash?

:
23 CX-5 Premium
Having read a negative post on another forum regarding the post-reflash drivability of a 2.0 CX-5, I thought it might be helpful to open a post here so owners of "mouse motor" cars could report their experiences with the procedure, either positive (more power, smoother idle, etc.), negative (less power, worse drivability, etc.) or neutral. Personally, I plan on holding off on the reflash until there's some feedback on the outcome.(drive)

Having read a negative post on another forum regarding the post-reflash drivability of a 2.0 CX-5, I thought it might be helpful to open a post here so owners of "mouse motor" cars could report their experiences with the procedure, either positive (more power, smoother idle, etc.), negative (less power, worse drivability, etc.) or neutral. Personally, I plan on holding off on the reflash until there's some feedback on the outcome.(drive)

Yeah, I'm not planning on having it done because my 2.0L engine starts and runs like a Swiss watch, has good, consistent and predictable power and returns excellent mpg's. Obviously, I've never experienced the issue this patch is supposed to fix.

just FYI,
My notice mentions some "registration renewal/recall tie-in program" in CA and Ma, so if you're in CA it probably doesn't do you any good to wait. You may not be able to renew your registration without completing the emissions recall anyway.

Where did you read the negative post? link?
I'm going to get mine down at the next oil change, and I hope that there are no problems.

Yeah, I'm not planning on having it done because my 2.0L engine starts and runs like a Swiss watch, has good, consistent and predictable power and returns excellent mpg's. Obviously, I've never experienced the issue this patch is supposed to fix.
I would think that because of where you live and the cold temps you encounter in winter, you might be inclined to have it done at some point.

just FYI,
My notice mentions some "registration renewal/recall tie-in program" in CA and Ma, so if you're in CA it probably doesn't do you any good to wait. You may not be able to renew your registration without completing the emissions recall anyway. I'm aware of that, but my renewal isn't until Oct., so I have time.
Where did you read the negative post? link?http://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/emissions-recall-cx-5-2013-a-36447/I'm going to get mine down at the next oil change, and I hope that there are no problems.

If you are tuned send the new base file in so your calibration accounts for the fix.

I would think that because of where you live and the cold temps you encounter in winter, you might be inclined to have it done at some point.

If the issue ever shows up, I'll have the patch applied. But I'm not expecting it to because I've already driven it through a wide range of conditions over 3+ years without so much as a hiccup. I subscribe to the belief "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it."

Back