2016 dash trim pieces on previous year CX-5

CrispyCX5

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring (Meteor Gray)
Has anyone tried to buy the 2016 interior trim pieces (brushed aluminum look) to replace the gloss black pieces on the previous year CX-5? Specifically the black trim above glove box and the trim around the left and right side air vents.

I'd like to remove the bright trim around the vents as the reflection of the left one on my window is a constant annoyance when I look at my side view mirror. This is perhaps the strangest design over-site I've found in my CX-5, so be careful in making the change (make sure you can reverse it if you find the same issue).

Cheers,

Gary

I'd like to remove the bright trim around the vents as the reflection of the left one on my window is a constant annoyance when I look at my side view mirror. This is perhaps the strangest design over-site I've found in my CX-5, so be careful in making the change (make sure you can reverse it if you find the same issue).

Cheers,

Gary

Gary, Good Point on the side vents! I agree 100%... I noticed this too while I was driving my parents 2016 version.

On my 2015, I dislike the Piano Gloss black dash strip, as it looks terrible after 2 years of use with all of the scratches.

My next interior project will probably be to remove it and try to polish out the scratches in the plastic with some specialty stuff for plastics.

If the 2016 dash trim will fit, and it is less than $30, I might just save myself some polish and elbow grease and just get the aluminum 2016 version.

Gary, Good Point on the side vents! I agree 100%... I noticed this too while I was driving my parents 2016 version.

On my 2015, I dislike the Piano Gloss black dash strip, as it looks terrible after 2 years of use with all of the scratches.

My next interior project will probably be to remove it and try to polish out the scratches in the plastic with some specialty stuff for plastics.

If the 2016 dash trim will fit, and it is less than $30, I might just save myself some polish and elbow grease and just get the aluminum 2016 version.

You could always plastidip it.

I priced out the dash trim piece and it was $220!

(boom01)

I wish they made a brushed Aluminum Plasti dip...

Back