CX-5 Recall - What Are You Thinking?

What do you plan regarding the fuel leak recall?

• Usually no rear passengers - don't plan to have recall done

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Usually have rear passengers - don"t plan to have recall done

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Usually no rear passengers - will have recall done whenever

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • Usually have rear passengers - will have recall done whenever

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Usually no rear passengers - will lhave recall done as soon as notice received

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Usually have rear passengers - will have recall done as soon as notice received

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Usually no rear passengers - car at dealer now or on waiting list to have recall done

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Usually have rear passengers - car at dealer now or on waiting list to have recall done

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
It is a big concern to me as I have two kids in the back and I take one of them to the daycare everyday

General sales manager I worked with assured me we are on the list and will get done even before the cars on his lot.

General sales manager I worked with assured me we are on the list and will get done even before the cars on his lot.

I sincerely hope they all take care of cars already on the road first before cars on lots.

I understand the balance act they have to do here. They are losing a tremendous amount of money every day they aren't selling these hot cars but they will also make a lot of people mad if they brush them aside regarding purchased cars.

I see no reason to rush to the dealership to get this fixed. I have my next service in May/June so I will deal with it then. If for some reason Mazda gets on top of this quickly and I can bring it in before then for a quick fix, maybe. I won't bother with a loaner, I like driving my own car.

Interesting results so far. I plan to get mine done sooner rather than later, but no panic.

When I called the Mazda Support line they specifically told me Inventory cars get first priority, on the road cars, second

I'll likely wait until I get notification on the other upcoming windshield recall so I can get both done at once. I'm not worried at all about the fuel leak recall so I'm comfortable waiting a bit. Hopefully all this will coincide nicely with my first oil-change.

I sincerely hope they all take care of cars already on the road first before cars on lots.

I understand the balance act they have to do here. They are losing a tremendous amount of money every day they aren't selling these hot cars but they will also make a lot of people mad if they brush them aside regarding purchased cars.

I think it's more legal. If they sold a car with a known safety recall, and someone died...

vs. a car already purchased at a time when the issue was NOT known. Those are all over the place from every company. Not such a big deal.

From the Poll it appears that most are not going ballistic but, are responding in a reasonable way.

From the Poll it appears that most are not going ballistic but, are responding in a reasonable way.

If I happen to get rear ended while I happen to have a full tank, I will be aware of the possibility of the chance of a fuel leak.

Until Mazda loosens the bolt.

No reason to be paranoid... We are not leaking fuel out as we go around the corners....

2E9B1CE700000578-3325644-image-m-31_1447951619665.jpg

Last edited:
When I called the Mazda Support line they specifically told me Inventory cars get first priority, on the road cars, second

True, but I guess the manager is gonna give me one of the first batch they get.

There have been no known incidents. It failed a crash test for amount of gas spillage so they are going to change the way the filler neck fastens to the body. I will worry more about being hit by an asteroid while sleeping.

Not a big concern for me. Rarely any rear seat passengers; retired so no daily commute during rush hour; no large metro area traffic. My one small worry would be if I have to drive in snow and/or ice and the guy behind me has all season tires and can't stop as well as I can with my winter tires. ;)

Think I'll sit and wait until after the initial recall rush subsides to have mine done. Ain't gonna lose sleep over it.

With all of the other negative Auto Manufacturer scandals out there (examples- VW premeditated "CleanDiesel" fiasco, Honda knew about the deadly Takata airbag bolts since 2004, KIA overstating mileage), it's refreshing to see an Auto Manufacturer be proactive before someone gets hurt.
Cars are now so complex I'm not sure there are any badges or models without any recalls..
I always worry about "the other guy" on the road and always drive defensively, anticipating they will mess up..
Not that concerned at all, just waiting for my notice to arrive to get it fixed eventually..

Back