Does this happen - with driver side window auto close?

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
Somewhere here I read that sensors are usually present and detect if there's an obstacle (like a child putting fingers outside) the auto close feature terminates? In other words, the upward movement of the window stops immediately? I believe this one of the reasons cited as to why not all remaining windows don't have auto close or the moon-roof for that matter.

Is this true? Asking since accidentally had something sticking out of the driver side window. It was a hard plastic 3" thick stuff. The window did NOT stop and tried to continue upwards. There's a small dent in the thin plastic even.

This is why, on the seventh day, God made the "owners' manual"! From Page 3-33:
Jam-safe windowIf a person's hands, head or an object
blocks the window during the autoclosing
operation, the window will stop
and open halfway.
WARNINGMake sure nothing blocks the window
just before it reaches the fully closed
position or while holding up the power
window switch:
Blocking the power window just
before it reaches the fully closed
position or while holding up the
power window switch is dangerous.
In this case, the jam-safe function
cannot prevent the window from
closing all the way. If fingers are
caught, serious injuries could occur.

had something sticking out of the driver side window. It was a hard plastic 3" thick stuff. The window did NOT stop and tried to continue upwards. There's a small dent in the thin plastic even
Sounds like it worked exactly as stated in "Warning" above.

had something sticking out of the driver side window. It was a hard plastic 3" thick stuff. The window did NOT stop and tried to continue upwards. There's a small dent in the thin plastic even
Sounds like it worked exactly as stated in "Warning" above.

Aha... got it. Thanks. It'll stop only when its inside the door, about to come out and i have my hand on the rubber guards. Excellent. Thanks. Hated taking it to a dealer for such a small thing. Misunderstood the warning.

Back