CX-5 Fuel Leak Recall and Stop Sale

Thanks for the info , looks like it just came out. While I'm not happy about the recall, I'm glad that Mazda is being proactive - doesn't look like there have been any actual incidents or complaints related to this.

"Customers concerned about driving their CX-5 until its been repaired can contact their Mazda dealer for a loaner car in the interim."
(boom01)
Yeah, how is this possible with that many CX-5's involved in this major recall? If this is true, I'll get a Mazda6 GT 2.5L with a stick shift and enjoy it for free!

"Customers concerned about driving their CX-5 until it’s been repaired can contact their Mazda dealer for a loaner car in the interim."
(boom01)

I'm waiting to hear someone who had success at this.

They'll give you a Mazda 2 (rofl2)

Actually I bet you could at least get a Mazda 3. You can make a case you need if for work or whatever. Especially since we all have larger sizes vehicles. We chose the larger size for a reason. Theyd have to accommodate on some account. Who knows if any of this even true. Including Mazda giving you a loaner.

I was just joking haha. When I bought my CX-5 I had what appeared some hail damage that I didn't notice when I picked it up (was 9PM). The dealer gave me a fulled loaded Mazda 3 Hatch as a loaner which was pretty cool.

I was just joking haha. When I bought my CX-5 I had what appeared some hail damage that I didn't notice when I picked it up (was 9PM). The dealer gave me a fulled loaded Mazda 3 Hatch as a loaner which was pretty cool.

Oh lol that's nice they did that.

It's actually remarkable that Mazda will provide loaners. Most of the other non-lux brands don't do this for wide recalls. Ford, for example, has refused to provide any loaners for people waiting on a repair for the takata airbags.

I'll believe it when I see it. Where do you guys look up your vin for recalls? Guessing until it appears in the system, no one will be able to see if Mazda can give loaners.

The 2 Mazda dealers i have dealt with do not provide loaners. They will connect you with a rental car company which will provide "discounted rates".

Even while under warranty? I've had two loaners, one from their supply and one from an enterprise rental that they paid for.

I remember reading somewhere that if the work requires 8 or more hours, the dealer is required to give you a loaner. Anything under that, that is at the dealer discretion.

Even while under warranty? I've had two loaners, one from their supply and one from an enterprise rental that they paid for.

From when I originally got the paperwork from the dealer I purchased it from, it said they do not provide loaners but will get me a discounted rate through a car rental place.

I remember reading somewhere that if the work requires 8 or more hours, the dealer is required to give you a loaner. Anything under that, that is at the dealer discretion.

The second dealer, who had to replace my AC condenser offered the same. However now that I think back, I am not sure if they were going to cover the entire cost of a rental or just negotiate a deal for me. I declined the rental because it was too much of a hassle at the time - the car was only in the shop over 1 night. It definitely wasn't going to be a loaner from their lot though.

From when I originally got the paperwork from the dealer I purchased it from, it said they do not provide loaners but will get me a discounted rate through a car rental place.

The second dealer, who had to replace my AC condenser offered the same. However now that I think back, I am not sure if they were going to cover the entire cost of a rental or just negotiate a deal for me. I declined the rental because it was too much of a hassle at the time - the car was only in the shop over 1 night. It definitely wasn't going to be a loaner from their lot though.

Seems there are varying levels of service from dealer to dealer.

One of my SO's coworkers had her 3 covered by the inspect-and-fix recall a few months ago - they picked her car up at her house, left a loaner, and then swapped them out a couple days later. This is in central TX...

Guess I will wait and see what people are getting as loaners if dealers are actually providing them... Wouldn't mind driving a different car for the time being while waiting for a fix lol

Back