Lower Grill Cover

calebian21

:
2015 Subaru WRX
Anyone have a good home made idea for covering up the lower grille with some type of protective mesh? My reasoning for asking is I am going to be mounting my light bar inside that cubby behind the lower grille and want to help protect the light.

Taking the bumper off takes no time at all. Cut enough of the door screen to cover what you need, so that the bumper fasteners go through the screen and hold it. Cover the upper grill as well, the rad will thank you!
Here's how it looks. The crap on the surfaces ain't dust, it's salt. No reason to wash it though, it will come right back instantly.
23cbf9f05e827ea350196d23ed627e51.jpg

2d22386d390f3e6aa01ed0cb5ef0dda5.jpg

Last edited:
Taking the bumper off takes no time at all. Cut enough of the door screen to cover what you need, so that the bumper fasteners go through the screen and hold it. Cover the upper grill as well, the rad will thank you!
Here's how it looks. The crap on the surfaces ain't dust, it's salt. No reason to wash it though, it will come right back instantly.
23cbf9f05e827ea350196d23ed627e51.jpg

2d22386d390f3e6aa01ed0cb5ef0dda5.jpg

Awesome, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

I've got some rain gutter guards in the garage (mesh screen) that I was going to coat with something black, maybe plastidip or undercoating and try to attach that somehow

Back