New CX-5 Owner from South Carolina

:
2024 Toyota GHH MAX
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT (Wife)
1990 Miata (Zoom Zoom!)
Did not see an introduction forum, so figured this would be the place. Feel free to move it if necessary.

Wife just bought a new CX-5 and so far really loves it. She's coming from a 2008 Outback she loved also but wanted something newer with upgraded tech. She thought she wanted a Buick Encore but quickly realized it was too small and did not have every day convenience items (remote start, keyless entry, homelink) standard which is quite sad. She also wanted something different this time thus the Outback was not in the mix.

She wound up with an almost fully loaded CX-5 with the following features:

FWD, Crystal White Pearl Mica, Parchment Leather, Rear Bumper Paint Protection (basically just a chrome strip along the top of the bumper to prevent scratching), Retractable Cargo Cover, Roof Rack, Mobile Start [would have preferred traditional remote start], Tech Package, Trailer Hitch Class 1 Package.

All in all MSRP was $ 32,375.00. We got what I think is a good deal at $ 29,700 before tax+title. Since it was a 2016 and not a 2016.5 she also got .9% financing as opposed to 1.9% for 63 months.

Still way to early to give a true review but she loves it so far and I look forward to seeing other owners posts on here.

We did not do any extended warranty as they seem expensive for what you get and Mazdas are supposed to be very reliable. The dealership we got it from does do lifetime powertrain through the dealership provided you get it serviced at a Mazda dealer or Mazda certified place. I am sure that is to encourage doing service through them.

This will replace the dogwagon that was the Outback!

PS: Pic added

Last edited:
Congrats - love the look of the CX-5 GT in white w/the black rims. White was a no-go in my family...ended up with silver which IMO is always a nice option. Looking forward to hearing how you are liking the CX-5 experience! Enjoy!!

Congrats from another 2016 white with parchment leather interior owner. Had it two months now and love it.

Looks like she's a happy camper. Buick Encore huh LOL?

It's the only one that has a fold front passenger seat...and she must have had visions of putting stuff from Lowes all the way in the car.

Did you buy it at a dealer in SC? Do you mind sharing the dealer?

Don't mind at all. Purchased from McDaniels Mazda. We worked with the General Sales manager (Chris Hand).

If you contact him, just let him know you were referred by Sean Cooper.

Don't mind at all. Purchased from McDaniels Mazda. We worked with the General Sales manager (Chris Hand).

If you contact him, just let him know you were referred by Sean Cooper.

Thanks! I will try again. I think I spoke with them a time back and they were a good bit higher, and not willing to budge. But, this is now...lol Enjoy your new ride, and look forward to some updates and feedback...

Last edited:
Same color scheme as my Z06 was. Arctic white w/gray rims and black headlamps. Of course I like it! Congrats!

Back