How to Enable backup can without shifting to reverse gear

Markiv

:
2016 Mazda CX5
Hello guys,
Does anyone know if there is a way to enable backup cam without shifting to reverse?
It would be very helpful to be able to do that without having to shift.

Vik
Mazda CX-5 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys,
Does anyone know if there is a way to enable backup cam without shifting to reverse?

Vik
Mazda CX-5 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know BMW X5 has that option by depressing the button on the panel it allows you to see behind you while driving and without shifting into reverse

I'm pretty sure there is a hack for this thru the infotainment system. Search in the CX-5 Audio sub forum and I think you'll find your answer.

No idea on the '16s. On the '13-'15s easy to do pressing the key combo "Power/Volume button and the Seek Up button together" and entering 92 on the code input screen

Yeah..nothing permanent. On mine I can get it out of mode by opening my nav SD card door and closing. I can't remember offhand but might be code to exit. It's been a while since I did it.

I use it at times when towing or when I sense someone is really close behind me stopped at a light.

I know BMW X5 has that option by depressing the button on the panel it allows you to see behind you while driving and without shifting into reverse
Especially useful when rearview mirror shows a terrific blonde driving .. alone in the rear car, a close up view would be nice, I guess?

No idea on the '16s. On the '13-'15s easy to do pressing the key combo "Power/Volume button and the Seek Up button together" and entering 92 on the code input screen

For 2016's, 92 is a radio test. I didn't see any other codes that resembled something that would turn on the camera.

Especially useful when rearview mirror shows a terrific blonde driving .. alone in the rear car, a close up view would be nice, I guess?

Unless your camera is pointing up, I'm afraid you may have backed into the blonde

Hello guys,

Yeah, I accidentally bumped the shifter to reverse when going 55 mph. The gear indicator said "R", the back-up cam came on but the car did not try to shift into reverse. Nothing bad happened. I quickly shifted back into drive.

Press both POWER and SEEK up radio buttons at same time, then enter two digit code.
Power down radio to exit.

Mazda hidden menu diagnostic tests:

01 Screen test (tap to change modes)
02 Check SW
03 Speakers test
04 Tuner signal strength
05 Radio antenna status
06 Maker Code
07 Amplifier test
09 Tuner seek test
10 Software version
11 CD test
14 Rotary controls test
15 Navigation & vehicle signals test
16 Connect Info Clear
17 View Configuration
20 Modem setting for TomTom Live services
37 HF ACU connection
38 HF soft version
81 Software update
83 Touch screen calibration
84 BD address
85 Register edit
88 Check SW info
89 BER (bit error rate) test
92 RVC (rear view camera) test

Yeah, I accidentally bumped the shifter to reverse when going 55 mph. The gear indicator said "R", the back-up cam came on but the car did not try to shift into reverse. Nothing bad happened. I quickly shifted back into drive.

Lol i did this once while doing a hard turn with my hand on the shift

Ha, thankfully the car is smarter than us, sometimes...

Press both POWER and SEEK up radio buttons at same time, then enter two digit code.
Power down radio to exit.

Mazda hidden menu diagnostic tests:

01 – Screen test (tap to change modes)
02 – Check SW
03 – Speakers test
04 – Tuner signal strength
05 – Radio antenna status
06 – Maker Code
07 – Amplifier test
09 – Tuner seek test
10 – Software version
11 – CD test
14 – Rotary controls test
15 – Navigation & vehicle signals test
16 – Connect Info Clear
17 – View Configuration
20 – Modem setting for TomTom Live services
37 – HF ACU connection
38 – HF soft version
81 – Software update
83 – Touch screen calibration
84 – BD address
85 – Register edit
88 – Check SW info
89 – BER (bit error rate) test
92 – RVC (rear view camera) test
Thanks for posting this. Looks like fun.

Back