Power train warranty of mazda

sangs

:
mazda
Power train warranty: some dealers are giving 5 year/60,000 and some dealers are giving 10year/100,000
is there any hidden catch in giving 10 year/100,000 warranty by some dealers ?
Please advice

Must be through the dealer exclusively. Mazda is 5/60.

which means remaining 5 years/40,000 is only with dealer or full 10year/100,000 exclusively with that dealer ???
for any power train related issues, I should contact only that specific dealer ? and I can not go to other mazda dealer ? ( then its a catch there )

I think it goes without saying that only the dealer offering the extended warranty can provide specific information about it.. Regardless the car is (or was if used) covered under the standard Mazda powertrain warranty for the first 5 years.

Last edited:
Power train warranty: some dealers are giving 5 year/60,000 and some dealers are giving 10year/100,000
is there any hidden catch in giving 10 year/100,000 warranty by some dealers ?
Please advice

What country are you in?

The hidden catch typically, is that anything additional beyond the MAZDA warranty that is offered by the selling dealer will have their own requirements.

This varies per dealer, but I have seen the following requirements before: like maintaining the vehicle only at that dealer, only certain items or failure situations are covered, and a possible deductible due at time of any powertrain claim.

The standard Mazda is 5year/60K for the drive train. That is included in the price of the vehicle. A warranty beyond that time or mileage is an added cost option and it is paid for by the car purchaser outright or in the extra fees. There is no free service and it is usually attached by a service contract at that dealer through scheduled services or some other obligation. JMO. Ed

Back