Winter storm update...will head East!

Buzzer777

:
Mazda,CX-5, AWD,2015 Grand Touring, Meteor Gray Mica
Right now, the high Sierra (Lake Tahoe) is getting pounded by yet another storm...2-3 ft of snow expected for this one; with high winds; and a stormy pattern is expected right through Christmas! For us, this is a welcome way to soften a 4 yr drought! Driving is not recommended in the Mtns!

Welcome to the world of...

wow...and here in Boston it'll be 70 on XMAS day!

NICE! You folks deserve it after last year!

Wish I was there right about now! Winds are now about 40mph in the Reno Valleys..Makes it miserable to be out!

Welcome to the world of... El Nino!!

Looks like that storm will move into Denver on Fri and Sat. After that, I'm ready for SPRING!!!

Right now, the high Sierra (Lake Tahoe) is getting pounded by yet another storm...2-3 ft of snow expected for this one; with high winds; and a stormy pattern is expected right through Christmas! For us, this is a welcome way to soften a 4 yr drought! Driving is not recommended in the Mtns!

Driving not recommended in the mountains? If you have a AWD CX-5 with winter tires you'll be doing this: (rofl2) (drive2)

But don't head east, head for the PNW, we' ve been getting hammered since the season opened with more to come! I'd be on the mountain right now but my body can only handle so much! Today is rest day. As is so typical, my local mountain has the most snow of any ski area in the world. We've had 228" of fresh snow in the last month. That's 19 FEET of fresh snow! Watch the short video for the comparison to other ski areas around the country:

http://mtbaker.us/snow-report/

Check out the photos immediately below the short video for some action shots which should give you an idea of the conditions we've been seeing.

As usual, the CX-5 with winter tires handled it without stress or drama while 4x4's with AT and all-season radials were flailing and making everyone else wait.

I can't wait for all the people who get disappointed when your thread pops up only highlighting "Sierra is getting pounded" in the Google search.

Right now I'm honestly a bit surprised. I moved where I am expecting winters, and sold my sports cars for an SUV, and its in the 50's. (NW AR). So much fail. I could have kept a Corvette or something.

Back