Carpet mats - strange but true? Replaceable under warranty?

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
I bought my CX-5 2016 primarily after driving my friend's 2012 (or 13?) CX-5. Recently, he was at the dealership and had his carpeted mats (soiled) changed under warranty?! How good is that? He swears after reading End-To-End the warranty documents its NOT excluded. There were tears and all along with the CX-5 embroidery cut thru, so was replaced.
Please do not preach the values of using all weather mats, etc., etc. That's not the thread here. I am unsure if many know about this or could it be dealer specific, no idea. Thought best to share.

Bumper to bumper warranty should apply to everything in the car. Sounds like the dealership stepped up and resolved the matter.

Moral of the story here is those whose CX-5 is still under 3 year warranty, look at your carpet mats ; maybe you can have them replaced on the 36th. month? (eekdance)

I'm gonna tell you exactly what has happened here. The apprentice who brought your car into the bay has covered the seat with seat cover and washed his hands before getting into the car, as per his manager's instructions. What he didn't do was to put a paper floor mat cover over your mats. Or the paper cover (disposable, but very much reusable at all service locations) was so soiled that it left residue all over your mats. But I vouch for apprentice's steel toe boots that he walked in when he cleaned up the oil spill five minutes prior.
Anyway, they ruined your mats and gave you the new ones, the ones they took out from the new car at their parking lot when the sales manager wasn't looking. And turned the whole thing around as they were heroes...
This, or very close to that...

My OEM carpet mats are brand new.. the Weathertechs went in the first few weeks. I should probably just CL them as I don't intend to use them.

After almost 3 years, my mats are in damn good shape. I had a Hyundai 2012 Elantra Touring and I wore a hole in the drivers side where the heel rests before 7 months! Dealer hem and hawed before he took a set out of another vehicle on the lot to replace mine.

Yeah, I just put all-weather OEM rubber mats + cargo and man are they good!! My carpets mats, will keep and use when trying to sell the car.. whenever in the distant future ;)
Alternatively, switch them in summer, maybe?

Back