Right side of Lumbar Support in Driver Seat Appears to be Broken

Rarebreed

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 GT w/Tech Liquid Silver
Has anyone else experienced this? I noticed the other day that my seat has been relatively uncomfortable. While trying to readjust the seat, the right side of the lumbar support doesn't move. The left side, however, still does. I'm taking it in to Mazda on Wednesday (soonest appt I could get), but I'm curious to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I was rear ended pretty hard not too long ago as well.

Sounds like accident damage. Never under-estimate the forces involved in a collision. You might have to file an insurance claim.

Yeah, thanks. Mazda is going to look at it tomorrow. The body shop said "part of it is moving. Maybe that's how it's always been and you just didn't notice."

I'll update.

Has anyone else experienced this? I noticed the other day that my seat has been relatively uncomfortable. While trying to readjust the seat, the right side of the lumbar support doesn't move. The left side, however, still does. I'm taking it in to Mazda on Wednesday (soonest appt I could get), but I'm curious to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I was rear ended pretty hard not too long ago as well.

I was accelerating uphill on a short freeway on ramp when my lumbar support went "snap" and now has the same issue as yours. I'm taking mine in Saturday to find out what's wrong it. It's an on ramp I use every workday, so I'm not sure why it decided to snap then...unless I've gained a few too many pounds over the holidays.

It happened yesterday, to me too.
I kind of jumped on the freeway, and when "landed" the lumbar support, has just went in and it can't be adjusted anymore.
What the dealer does, in this case?

on my 2016 GT the drivers seat is just killing my back, just started a few weeks ago. Also right side of drivers seat near lumber support has always made a horrible creaking sound unless lumbar was adjusted to max. Complainded to dealer and they just blew me off. May have to go to Mazda on this

Back