Added a new car to the stable

That's not a car, that's an auxiliary penis. (lol2)(lol2)

CONGRATS!!

I was in Temecula the other day, and saw one of these up close, and for the first time in my life I felt the desire for a corvette. I've never "hated" the cars, but never really liked them either (except for '67 stingray convertible). The new C7's are gorgeous, and appear to have fit and finish way above other 'vettes I've seen. Congrats.

Good stuff! I miss my Z06 when I read posts like this! The C7 is amazing, and gets about the same mileage my CX-5 does, lmao!

I rented a C7 in the fall for 3 hours. Those cars are insanely fast! Going for the 650HP Z06 in the spring. Don't know if I want to own one though because reliability is poor right now.

I rented a C7 in the fall for 3 hours. Those cars are insanely fast! Going for the 650HP Z06 in the spring. Don't know if I want to own one though because reliability is poor right now.

Really? When I bought my Z06, PPH was something like 52 or 53, according to the BG Plant manager (Tateman?). That's pretty darn low!!!

The reason I sold mine was because I couldn't sensibly come even CLOSE to the limits of the car on the street, and it was like a super expensive Cobalt if you weren't pushing it. Seriously, the interior was Cobalt level. The C7's have changed that, but I think when I get another car, I'm probably going to do something like a WRX STi or something on that "level" because I found that 500+hp on the street is frustrating. 2nd gear is literally almost 90mph. I finally decided I was paying for 75% more car than I was using, and weirdly, my 370Z got more compliments at gas stations than my Z06 did, so even the "sexy" factor was null.

Still, I think everyone should own one supercar in their life. It's just something you need to do, if cars are a passion for you!

Thanks fellas. Reliability is FAR from low....and just because the 1 C&D sample vehicle was less than perfect - I'm thinking that's not a representation of every car off the assembly line :). If you think that....then take a peak here for neopre who have had major failures on new cars.

You guys know better.

Anyway - the car is pure sex. All I want to do is polish it, drive it down to the lake, park it, set up a chair open a news paper and sip a cup,of coffee and stare at it. :). It makes me smile.

Thanks for the well wishes.

PS - insurance for my Subie STI was $2800/year

Insurance for my 370Z was $3100

Insurance for my Miata PRHT is $1400

Insurance for the Vette it $780

I have a 26 year CLEAN record with GEICO.

It's a NY thing :)

But - the insurance guy told me that the typical Vette owner lets the car sit in the garage versus the others which get tuned and raced and crashed by children. That was the reason.

PS - insurance for my Subie STI was $2800/year

Insurance for my 370Z was $3100

Insurance for my Miata PRHT is $1400

Insurance for the Vette it $780

I have a 26 year CLEAN record with GEICO.

It's a NY thing :)

But - the insurance guy told me that the typical Vette owner lets the car sit in the garage versus the others which get tuned and raced and crashed by children. That was the reason.

Weird.

Z06=$180/mo
370Z=$165/mo
Grand Jeep Cherokee=$155/mo
Mazda CX-5=$160/mo

As best I can remember it. I do autodraft, and don't pay much attention to it, honestly.

The M2 is a joke compared to the C7, from a performance standpoint.

Different markets. For the price, I'd get a M-4, still different market and I'm biased. However I think I had a part to play in it, as I brought up how common BMWs (even M-cars) are in Germany, and that shipping one over here could be worth the unique 'curb appeal' it has among the locals (chicks). (rlaugh)

From a performance/price or just plain sexiness/dollar perspective, it's a winner. I'd take it over a European super car at any day.

Back