If you missed the last snow storm...

Buzzer777

:
Mazda,CX-5, AWD,2015 Grand Touring, Meteor Gray Mica
Get ready for the next one(s) due to BEGIN in the Reno area this Thursday. Last one only produced about a foot in the Sierras and just wind in the Reno valleys. Early forecast is;'calling for a 4 day "event". CX-5 had an oil change, etc. I am going to find out how good this CUV is WITHOUT dedicated snows, but I have a set in my sights just in case!

If I get "snows" I will have to get them in "H" Rating (I have the GT-19" rims).

Please keep us informed. Just like you no snow in West Virginia yet. I would like to know how it goes with the oem tires. I am retired so no going out at 6:30 am anymore but if I would get caught out on the road how she goes in the snow.

Please keep us informed. Just like you no snow in West Virginia yet. I would like to know how it goes with the oem tires. I am retired so no going out at 6:30 am anymore but if I would get caught out on the road how she goes in the snow.

I live in Colorado and have already had to drive in the snow using the 19" OEM tires. I think the tire grip is about the same as when I had my 2007 civic but the AWD is great for getting that extra traction when you accelerate from a stop light. I see other front wheel drive cars spinning their tires while I have no problems getting up to speed. I just have to remember to be light on the gas and brake while still giving plenty of distance while stopping and slowing down for the turns as the grip is the same. I am sure if I installed winter tires I would get better traction but don't feel the need as long as I know the cars limitations. I feel a lot better having this car in the winter than I did with my civic.

I live in Colorado and have already had to drive in the snow using the 19" OEM tires. I think the tire grip is about the same as when I had my 2007 civic but the AWD is great for getting that extra traction when you accelerate from a stop light. I see other front wheel drive cars spinning their tires while I have no problems getting up to speed. I just have to remember to be light on the gas and brake while still giving plenty of distance while stopping and slowing down for the turns as the grip is the same. I am sure if I installed winter tires I would get better traction but don't feel the need as long as I know the cars limitations. I feel a lot better having this car in the winter than I did with my civic.
Thanks for the info. Drove mostly 2 wheel rear drive pickups to work for 25 years so I know about limitations.

Latest posts

Back