New Owner!

volntitan

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Got my 2016 CX-5 Touring in Blue with the Bose system and sunroof last week! (Would have posted earlier, but took awhile to figure out the anti-spam question on registration...you know what they say about old dogs). Traded in our 2013 Santa Fe. Took advantage of the crazy low lease deal Mazda had. Almost "free" money and allows us to keep money free for upcoming wedding of my daughter. Love the car so far. Only negative is that it doesn't have XM with it. I'm a Stern fan, so listening thru phone now. Works fine, but would love the easier access to having on the head unit. Other than that, impressed with the peppiness of the car and the gas mileage. Drive about 30 miles each way to work and today avg is 30 mpg. While majority of that is interstate, I'm pleased with that. Only about 5 miles less that our other car, an elantra.

Any tips on audio or keeping the black interior clean (especially from dog hair), bring them on!

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I'm a new owner as well - no tips on keeping it clean yet. Enjoy!

Another annoyance. Not sure if an apple thing or Mazda. The fact that when I go to Pandora or the other apps, I have to authorize the connection with my iphone.

Any tips on audio or keeping the black interior clean (especially from dog hair), bring them on!

Umm... get a black dog? Worked pretty well for us but now he's getting a little grey in him with his advancing age.

Glad you're enjoying your CX-5!

I showed that to my wife but she nixed the idea. She pointed out it would prohibit him from riding "co-pilot" between us with his shoulders between the front seats. His favorite spot.

We don't install the other end on the headrest of the front seats. That side just hangs down. Still provides sufficient coverage for the rear seat, which was our main concern. Our dog likes the window down so we don't put her in the cargo area.

We have that too Genuine Mazda Accessories 0000-8K-R05 Soft Cargo Liner https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

This covers the entire back of the rear seats and attaches with Velcro. It also covers the entire cargo floor and has a flap that you can roll over the bumper with the rear hatch open.
Does the cover protect the leather on the back seats? My little guys have sharp nails and clamour to the Windows. They ripped up the rear armrest in my previous Lexus.

Also thinking I could put this under the hard plastic cargo tray accessory and "dog proof" the back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Does the cover protect the leather on the back seats? My little guys have sharp nails and clamour to the Windows. They ripped up the rear armrest in my previous Lexus.

Also thinking I could put this under the hard plastic cargo tray accessory and "dog proof" the back.

This cover does not. Refer to my first link for that.

This cover does not. Refer to my first link for that.
Maybe I wasn't clear. Saw your first post, not looking to put my dogs (3) in the back seat, but the cargo area. Concerned they will jump over the headrest into the back seat, and that they will scratch the leather doing so. Was originally looking for those metal separation "cage" type blockers for the back but yet to find a solution

Maybe I wasn't clear. Saw your first post, not looking to put my dogs (3) in the back seat, but the cargo area. Concerned they will jump over the headrest into the back seat, and that they will scratch the leather doing so. Was originally looking for those metal separation "cage" type blockers for the back but yet to find a solution

That's my mistake. I misread your comment. There is some coverage for the top of the Leather surface with the soft cargo liner but it isn't perfect. I'd say it probably covers 80% of the top leather surface by the headrests. It has mounts that tuck under the headrest to secure it in place.

Back