Is parchment leather tough to keep clean?

molocono

:
2016 Mazda CX5
I want to get the CX-5 in Deep Crystal Blue with the parchment leather interior, but would like to know if it is a pain to keep clean.
I don't have kids or pets.
Thanks!

Although I have had my 2016 Crystal Blue CX-5 w/Tech Pack with Parchment Leather for only three weeks, I have sat in it with wet bluejeans and have not had a problem. My kids are grown but I have a Choc Lab who loves the car too. Ocinsomniac recommended doing the outside with Zaino and the inside with Zaino Leather Conditioner and it seems to work well repelling rain and even some coffee I spilled on my seat one morning. Darker outside colors will require more attention, (I like to work on the car almost every weekend, either maintenance cleaning and protecting the Zaino shine).
I've had people come up to me saying that it's a great color combo. The Crystal Blue in particular as Ocsomniac told me is a chameleon color that looks different at every angle in the sun. I've always had Silver cars for low maintenance, but I really like these colors.

It's been no problem in the 5 months I've had mine. It's just the wife and I and we aren't very rough on any interior but I'd get the parchment again for sure. It looks great and is much better to get into on a hot sunny day (no more hot cross buns).

Just wipe down with a soft microfiber towel dampened in clean water every week. The leather will WITHOUT a doubt stained (especially with dark jeans), but can be easily removed if wiped down frequently.

I want to get the CX-5 in Deep Crystal Blue with the parchment leather interior, but would like to know if it is a pain to keep clean.
I don't have kids or pets.
Thanks!
No kids, no pets = should be no problem keeping the Parchment leather looking clean. All it takes is a wee bit more PM than you would with a darker colored leather. I prefer the Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner -

http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merch...&Product_Code=Z-9&Category_Code=interiortires

http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merch...Product_Code=Z-10&Category_Code=interiortires

The Lexol leather products also work very well and can be found in most automotive stores. The key is to do an easy cleaning regularly as a PM measure, and do not let dirt or grime get ingrained into the surface.

Going on 5 months and 5,000 miles. No problems here but I do wipe the seats down quickly once a month to keep them fresh looking.

Back