Bulb types for 2016

riff42

:
2016 CX-5 GT. Deep, holy crap that is dark, blue.
Hey all, is there a good list of all the bulb types for the 2016 (with tech package, if that changes anything)? Looking to replace the front turnsignal (1157??) and some of the interior bulbs, mostly the trunk bulb, because I will have that open often. Then again, there is a switch on that light to shut it off!!!

Thanks!

yes, 1157NA for the signal

full list is in manual, pg 9-7

i'd look at the led bulb topics too, they really brighten up the interior, just make sure you get the 31mm bulbs especially for the liftgate - it's a tight bulb to fit as is, the others are a little more forgiving for space

Hmm....thought when I looked at that, it didn't have all the bulb types, but just wattages.
I'll check again :-/

I like this list!!! thanks

Now to get good LED turnsignal bulbs without costing an arm and a leg.

Led turn signals will cause hyper flashing without the purchase of a resistor. Furthermore your visible light output will be far less than the stock bulb. The turn signal housing isn't designed for LED and therefore doesn't properly illuminate as compared to the stock bulb. This would really be a downgrade.

yes, 1157NA for the signal

i'd look at the led bulb topics too, they really brighten up the interior, just make sure you get the 31mm bulbs especially for the liftgate - it's a tight bulb to fit as is, the others are a little more forgiving for space
The OP has Tech Package and LED lightings, so the front turn signal/parking light/side marker bulb is a newer dual-filament 7444NA, not 1157NA. The real turn signal is single-filament 7443NA. Hyper flashing would be the problem replacing the incandescent 7444NA/7443NA bulbs with LEDs. Replacing turn signal relay/module is a better way than adding serial resistors for LEDs but nobody seems to know where the relay/module is or is the turn signal actually controlled by a computer module.

One time I'd tried to replace front 7444NA with 7443NA for more distinctive on-off look during the night to no avail. I found that although the base looks exactly the same on both bulbs, but some build-in tabs on 7443NA prevents it to get plugged in 7444NA bulb socket.

As for interior LEDs, make sure to get newer and brighter https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) which looks rectangular shape. The popular but more expensive kit on Amazon has older 3528/5050 round chips. I used the extra pair of spare LEDs from the eBay kit for reverse lights replacing 921 18W bulbs. They look great in white color, but the light outputs are not necessary stronger than originals.

All four dome/map lights and luggage compartment light have the same 29mm incandescent bulb originally, but we most likely get 31mm festoon LEDs in the kit which will push bulb socket springs wider.

I was just about to ask if the signals will hyperflash. BLOOOOOOODY ANNOYING. Are cars still using old school electromechanical turnsignal flashers? Seriously. Any bulb should be replaced as needed. Now, my question is, will it hyperflash due to being a lower wattage, OR something to do with Can-Bus?
inlinev: depends on the bulb. Cheap ones are horrible. I've gone through many LED replacements, only to send them back. There are modern MUCH more bright ones, but cost upwards of 40$ each :-/ So, Xmas wishlist it goes ;) But I rather not worry about wiring up extra resistor.

I guess it'll be a much later add on. I only want to change it because I don't really like the orange egg yolk look. I switched out my Mini's side marker lights, and it made it look SOOO much cleaner to not have an amber blob in the white housing.

As for the interior, I have some 600lmish COB boards I snagged from aliexpress the other month. I might throw those into the trunk somewhere for additional light, compared to just swapping the stock bulbs out for LED. Heard most LED 31mm festoons are actually too big :-/

Odd that in the Sylvania list, the trunk and map lights are different # designations (DE3175 vs DE3022) but both 31mm replacements :-/ Ugh.

You might want to check here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123825779-The-CX-5-LED-Lighting-Thread/page43

He installed resistors. I'd rather fix the problem systematically, but exactly how the 2016 Tech Package controls turn signal flashing appears to be the most closely held secret of the Mazda Empire. I have asked several times about the location of the flasher module (if there is one) but no one has the answer.

Hey all, is there a good list of all the bulb types for the 2016 (with tech package, if that changes anything)? Looking to replace the front turnsignal (1157??) and some of the interior bulbs, mostly the trunk bulb, because I will have that open often. Then again, there is a switch on that light to shut it off!!!

Thanks!

I was just about to ask if the signals will hyperflash. BLOOOOOOODY ANNOYING. Are cars still using old school electromechanical turnsignal flashers? Seriously. Any bulb should be replaced as needed. Now, my question is, will it hyperflash due to being a lower wattage, OR something to do with Can-Bus?
Turn signals on CX-5 seem to be controlled by one of the computer modules. Many cars are still use old school electromechanical turn-signal flasher hence hyper flashing. But the hyper flashing issue on CX-5 should be resistance related as once you added resistors, the problem is solved.

As for the interior, I have some 600lmish COB boards I snagged from aliexpress the other month. I might throw those into the trunk somewhere for additional light, compared to just swapping the stock bulbs out for LED. Heard most LED 31mm festoons are actually too big :-/

Odd that in the Sylvania list, the trunk and map lights are different # designations (DE3175 vs DE3022) but both 31mm replacements :-/ Ugh.
Definitely you want 29mm festoon LEDs if possible. But more common 31mm LEDs will do the job too with bigger PC board and more LED chips (brighter).

DE3022 is 5W and DE3175 is 10W (brighter).

The OP has Tech Package and LED lightings, so the front turn signal/parking light/side marker bulb is a newer dual-filament 7444NA, not 1157NA...
yup, saw that after, forgot to edit my reply but figured OP would be looking at manual again OR the sylvania list before purchase instead of relying on a forum post (LOL)

yup, saw that after, forgot to edit my reply but figured OP would be looking at manual again OR the sylvania list before purchase instead of relying on a forum post (LOL)

I looked back at the manual. Some of the bulbs are just listed with wattages...NOT the bulb type!!!! So... :p

Turn signals on CX-5 seem to be controlled by one of the computer modules. Many cars are still use old school electromechanical turn-signal flasher hence hyper flashing. But the hyper flashing issue on CX-5 should be resistance related as once you added resistors, the problem is solved.

Definitely you want 29mm festoon LEDs if possible. But more common 31mm LEDs will do the job too with bigger PC board and more LED chips (brighter).

DE3022 is 5W and DE3175 is 10W (brighter).

Ah, just different power for the festoooons. Thanks. My 6w COB looks great, but now I need to figure out how to pull the lens apart. I thought I was going to break it yesterday. Back to the manual!

I wonder if there is any way to turn off the resistance sensing function i.e. hyperflash to signal a burned out bulb. I'm guessing this could only be done by the dealer accessing the computer and disabling that function, if it can be disabled.

I know some cars with "bulb out" warnings, like Mini, you can program it to ignore the warning. Of course, you nee the error reader/resetter thingie, which i bet ain't cheap.
Hell, I'll order some nice ones, and see what happens.
If they suck, I return them.

I know some cars with "bulb out" warnings, like Mini, you can program it to ignore the warning. Of course, you nee the error reader/resetter thingie, which i bet ain't cheap.
Hell, I'll order some nice ones, and see what happens.
If they suck, I return them.
Some LEDs claimed they have "build-in" resistor and Can-Bus compatible. If you find something works, please let us know. mraub1 and I would be appreciated!

Back