Original Windshield Wipers Keep Going

CX5-SO

CX-5 SPOUSE
:
2013 CX-5 Touring AWD A-T
39 months of ownership, ~32,000 miles, parked outside, 3 nasty winters and lots of driving in rain and dust, the wipers are still working as new! No streaking, no squeaking and no rubber peeling. Insane.
The wifey fell in love with Rain-X Bug Juice washer fluid about halfway through ownership of her last vehicle and the CX-5 (except for maybe a half gallon of the cheap stuff in an emergency) has seen nothing but.

bugjuice.jpg

I just wonder if the fluid has helped the blades keep their health? I have never experienced blades being in this good of shape with the amount of time and use they have had.

I did have to replace the rear blade back in the spring, but those never seem to last on any vehicle.

That is unusual. And the brand new wiper blades on my Miata have never worked well at all. Not sure if the bug juice had helped, but they must be really good rubber.

Be careful with rain-x. I used to use it all the time in my VW, but it ended up corroding the fluid level sensor. I ended up with a windshield washer warning light on in that car 24/7 because it would have cost me at least $150 to get a new sensor put in!

I just wonder if the fluid has helped the blades keep their health? I have never experienced blades being in this good of shape with the amount of time and use they have had.

I did have to replace the rear blade back in the spring, but those never seem to last on any vehicle.

I doubt it's the juice, I've used regular Costco juice and after 27,000 miles they are streak free. I've used the wipers a lot living in the PNW and driving in the rainy mountains. Plus, it's never parked in the garage, sometimes a carport, mostly on the street or in the driveway. I'd say they are just good wipers.

I might also add, my windshield just keeps on going. No cracks, even after multiple rock hits.

Last edited:
I doubt it's the juice, I've used regular Costco juice and after 27,000 miles they are streak free. I've used the wipers a lot living in the PNW and driving in the rainy mountains. Plus, it's never parked in the garage, sometimes a carport, mostly on the street or in the driveway. I'd say they are just good wipers.

I might also add, my windshield just keeps on going. No cracks, even after multiple rock hits.

Yeah, I'm impressed. My infiniti and nissan both had weak windshields. My Mazda is more like an American car in that respect,

And when you do need new ones don't forget to get refills from your dealer rather than replacing the whole blade

Windshield wipers

That is unusual. And the brand new wiper blades on my Miata have never worked well at all. Not sure if the bug juice had helped, but they must be really good rubber.

Summers can be very hard on your wipers as well (UV). Remember 2 things about the wipers...1) Being back, they absorb heat, which helps to rot them. 2)The inserts are not really RUBBER, but rather, a "blend" of rubber compounds.

Meguiar's Ultimate wash and wax. Basically coats the entire car (including rubber/plastic trim and wipers with UV inhibitors. Plus washing your car removes grit, tree sap, bag guts from glass that would cause friction and/or eat away from your wipers. The wipers on the Cx-5 purchased in 2012 are still original.

Latest posts

Back