Help with Scratches on '16 CX-5

shu4040

:
mazda cx 5
Hi all, I'm a relative newb to knowing how to manage a car. I got this series of scratches recently on my '16 in meteor gray and don't know what to do with them.

There are a few relatively light scratches, and the one pretty nasty one that went into the surface and "rose" up the sides around it.

Appreciate any thoughts on what i can do with both types?
cx5%20scratch_zpste5k54jh.jpg

Thanks!

If they're surface scratches you can try wax. If that doesn't work get some "rubbing compound' at Autozone, Pep Boys, etc. and follow the directions. Compound is great for scratches that are in the clear coat.
That one in your picture looks like a gouge. You may have to seek professional help for that one. It's hard to tell the depth from the picture.

The scratch seems pretty bad, as in the deeper one. My guess is that you will have to re-paint that portion.

The picture of the scratch you posted will not buff out! That one is rather deep. general rule of thumb, is that if you can feel the scratch with your fingers it's too deep to buff out and needs touch up paint to restore. If you take your time, and do it right it can look good again with touch up but it takes a lot of time to do it right

I think you could do a good job yourself after watching a few videos, and little practice. I am not sure how your experience, patience, or skill level is?

Maybe take it to a detailer or body shop to see what the experts would do or charge?

Back