2016 sport speaker upgrades

:
2010 MX-5 GT, 2016 CX-5 Sport AWD
Has anybody done any speaker upgrades on a 2016 sport (non-bose). I find that the dash speakers are not included but the wiring is. I tested the wires and they are powered so I'm not sure why they didn't bother to throw in the crappy paper speakers for $2 but whatever.

I plan to buy some 3.5" speakers and hook them up. At the same time I was wondering if anybody changed the front and rear door speakers. Crutchfield lists the 2015 as 6.25 for the front and 6.75 for the rear.

Don't be surprised Mazda didn't bother to throw in the crappy paper speakers for $2 in dash for your Sport, they didn't even bother to throw in two directional tweeters in dash for Bose "premium" system in CX-5!

You should check the threads in CX-5 Audio category. As 2016 Sport has the same speaker setup as pre-2016's, you can read those write-ups for 2015 MY or earlier.

2016 CX5 Audio upgrade thread
2015 6 Speaker Upgrade Details
Radio / Speakers on CX-5 SPORT model
Polk DB651s door speakers with mounting collar for sale

Oops, didn't realize there was an audio forum... I was only searching the lounge which didn't yield much. I'll do some digging over there. mostly I think I just need to find the wiring adapters so that I don't have to cut factory wiring.

Thanks!

I recently replaced the dash and front door speakers on my 2016 CX5 Touring and if you're interested I can sell you the stock Mazda speakers I removed for a really good price. The dash speaker have the original plugs on them so you only need to plug in the existing wiring connectors. The door speakers you'll need to solder the connections as I used the plugs for the new speakers (so I could just plug them into the existing wiring).

PM me if you're interested...

Back