Worth opening Chase account for discount/finacing?

molocono

:
2016 Mazda CX5
I'm close to buying a new CX-5 and I'm wondering if it's worth opening a Chase checking account in order to receive a discount on the vehicle.
I have good credit and could secure financing on my own, but would be open to financing through Mazda/Chase for convenience if they can give me a good rate.

Not sure a checking account is necessary or helpful, but I have found the Mazda/Chase rates are very competitive. I secured financing before through a credit union and they were happy to beat it.

I'm looking to switch banks anyways so was just looking for a reason to go to Chase since I'm buying the car.

You don't need to open a checking account with Chase. I got the 1.9 APR financing through Chase after my local credit union couldn't match it. This was for the Mazda6 though and the offer was back in April 2015.

I don't currently see an offer for the CX-5 though unless you're talking about the 0.9% ARP for 36 months.

Chase

I'm looking to switch banks anyways so was just looking for a reason to go to Chase since I'm buying the car.

I have had a Chase CC for about 20 yrs. Their service and security is great. I own 3 computers at home and if I try to access my online account on anything other than the one used to sign up with, it will refuse until I authorize it by phone!

I also used Chase/ Mazda credit to get a $1000 discount on my 2015 CX-5..Had to keep the loan for three months...then paid it off!(rules)

Even though I didn't want to finance, I took out a small loan under Chase Finance to qualify for a $500 rebate offer which expired in July when I bought my CX-5. Dealer told me to pay it off in three payments, I did it within two with no problems.
Within three weeks I had my title, as clean as a whistle with no lienholders listed. Was well worth it, no hassles.

I have good credit so can secure 1.99% financing through online lender.
Could Chase beat that for a 60 month loan?

Also wondering if Chase is still offering $500 discount on Mazda purchase?
I know I can get an additional $500 for simply opening a checking/savings account combo.

I have good credit so can secure 1.99% financing through online lender.
Could Chase beat that for a 60 month loan?

Also wondering if Chase is still offering $500 discount on Mazda purchase?
I know I can get an additional $500 for simply opening a checking/savings account combo.

1.9% for 60 months is the current Chase rate...

We were going to pay cash but decided to take advantage of the 0% Chase/Mazda offer back in Summer '14.

Back