Help, information display illumination won't turn off

s1267712

:
07 mazda 5
I have an 07 mazda 5 sport. It has an aftermarket stereo, I don't know if that figures into this issue. I have had it for a few years and just tonight I noticed that the display at the top of the center dash where the clock is decided to stay illuminated. The car has been turned off for about 30 minutes. Doors closed and locked, and it still won't go off.

I urgently need a way to fix this or at least bandaid it so that the battery won't go dead. I am leaving early thurs morning to head to austin for the USGP and my wife will need to drive the car. I can't have the battery going dead and needing her to jump start it!!

Please help me if there is a way to fix this!!!

I have an 07 mazda 5 sport. It has an aftermarket stereo, I don't know if that figures into this issue. I have had it for a few years and just tonight I noticed that the display at the top of the center dash where the clock is decided to stay illuminated. The car has been turned off for about 30 minutes. Doors closed and locked, and it still won't go off.

I urgently need a way to fix this or at least bandaid it so that the battery won't go dead. I am leaving early thurs morning to head to austin for the USGP and my wife will need to drive the car. I can't have the battery going dead and needing her to jump start it!!

Please help me if there is a way to fix this!!!

Sometimes a battery powered item can backfeed current into the circuit.

Make sure that there is not something plugged into your 12V OUTLET in the trunk area.

Such as a power invertor, portable jump starter, etc.

OH! I bet thats it. There is a portable dvd player for the kids that is plugged in back there!

I'll try unplugging it. Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back