Meguiars ultimate protectant help

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
I want a good interior protectant so I decided to try it out. I always do a test before going all out so I did the back passenger side door. It looks amazing in low lighting but then the direct sunlight hits and I noticed it's a little streaky. Anyone use this before? I followed the brief directions. I like the shine but I don't want my dash to look streaky. Am I not applying enough? will a second coat smooth it out? What's the secret to applying this stuff?

I've never used the Megs Ultimate protectant before but usually when that happens it means you didn't put in on even. Try going over it with a clean microfiber and buffing it to see if that helps. Otherwise try applying some to a foam applicator pad and work it into the surface a bit more. I don't know if you have the spray or the bottle. sometimes applying with a microfiber towel doesn't work so well

I had used a applicator pad. It's not terrible and you can't tell unless it's under direct sunlight. I might just use 303 on the rest of the interior. I did try the ultimate protectant on the exterior plastic and used a fine cotton cloth to buff it and it looks perfect. I might try the same approach on the interior.

If you don't want streaks on the dash use 303 and you can't go wrong. Use it on anything else in the cabin that's plastic or vinyl too.

Yeah I think I will use 303 on the rest. I'm not too worried about interior uv damage - I'm sure my windows provide plenty of protection.

303 is known to offer some of the best UV protection going, so you're covered there too!

I think those are the same just different quantities. The labels are different from the version they sell in the US I'm guessing.

As for my issue... I reapplied the MUP. I keep a spray bottle of water with my detailing supplies and misted it onto a very soft cotton terry towel and buffed over the area with the MUP. It actually evened it out quite a bit and still left that nice shine. But unless someone can tell me a magic trick for applying it I'm going to stick with my 303 in the future. I'm disappointed... This is the first Meguiars product I'd rate as mediocre to bad.

Back