2014 CX-5 , water in passenger floorboard?

rwjjr

:
Wife just called and said water was leaking onto floormat on passenger side.....40k miles on CX-5. Any ideas?

We once had this symptom on a Toyota and it was caused by leaking heater element.
Make sure your coolant level is not going down.

We once had this symptom on a Toyota and it was caused by leaking heater element.
Make sure your coolant level is not going down.

There would be a very apparent aroma of anti-freeze well before you'd notice coolant levels going down. Even a leak too small to puddle on the floor would be apparent by it's smell.

I have seen it before where the cause was a disconnected washer fluid hose in the A-pillar. The hose followed that route to get to the rear window washer nozzle. Does the rear window washer work?

Clogged A/C drain.

Another vote for the A/C drain.

The Condenser under the dash has a drip tray, the drip tray then has a drain hose that leads from inside the cabin to outside the car, which is where the condensate will be released as you drive, or in a puddle on the ground where you last parked.

The end of the tube under the car can get crusted over, and without a place to exit, the condensate backs up in the hose until the drip tray is full. Leaving a nice steady drip on the floorboard, or a waterfall if you happen to be taking a sharp corner.

There would be a very apparent aroma of anti-freeze well before you'd notice coolant levels going down. Even a leak too small to puddle on the floor would be apparent by it's smell.

Well, it happened exactly like I told you. Even the techs at the dealership could not tell. We ended-up replacing the carpet and padding.

Wife just called and said water was leaking onto floormat on passenger side.....40k miles on CX-5. Any ideas?
It happens on every VW Passat with sunroof due to sunroof drain hoses inside the kick panels underneath A pillar disconnected over time.

thanks for the replies. No antifreeze smell, and not raining or wet when happened. It only done it that one time and has not done since. Im keeping an eye on it. I tried looking for the ac drain but couldn't find underneath, im just gonna have to run the ac and crawl up under

thanks for the replies. No antifreeze smell, and not raining or wet when happened. It only done it that one time and has not done since. Im keeping an eye on it. I tried looking for the ac drain but couldn't find underneath, im just gonna have to run the ac and crawl up under

Here is a link for the CX-9, same issue. I am hoping that the pics and videos in thread might help you to see where and what the termination point might look like.

If you can, take a pic of yours and we can add to this thread for posterity...

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123813466-CX-9-Clogged-AC-Evaporator-Drain

Last edited:
Back